cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
reince
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

installation of software

HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Im trying to install a HP DVD Movie Writer DC5000.

My old computer's hard drive died, and i wish to use the movie writer on the ladtop.

The software will not install because of the windows version not being compatable.

How can i get the software to install?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
MKazi
Retired
Retired
12,746 12,732 829 1,537
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@reince

I would like to take a moment to thank you for posting on the HP Support Forums. I came across your post and understand that you would like to install and use the HP DVD Movie Writer DC5000 on Windows 7 operating system. 

I did some research and found that the HP DVD Movie Writer DC5000 is an obsolete product and the software for it is no longer available. Initially, the ArcSoft ShowBiz DVD 2.1 was shipped with the HP DVD Movie Writer DC5000 and as per the system requirements, it works only with Windows 98SE/ME/2000/XP (Windows 2000/XP recommended).

I also found that core software's that used to be shipped with the HP DVD Movie Writer DC5000 which are the following:

• ArcSoft ShowBiz DVD 2.2.2.36
  • HP Video Transfer Wizard 2.0.1.40
  • Sonic RecordNow 7.22
  • PowerDVD 4.0
  • Muvee Auto-Producer 3.5.03 (Trial Version)

These software's may be available on third party websites for download but I'm sure about their Genuity and have not tested them to prove their functionality. Let me know if you have any questions. Cheers! 🙂

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation