Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
kaileyc03 Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

lost windows 7?

Pavilion dv6-6167cl
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

My younger sister got an older laptop from a relative and I was helping her get it ready for her to use. I did a factory reset and didn't back anything up. Now, it finished rebooting but there is an error screen saying that I need a  Windows installation disc (but windows 7 came pre-installed on the computer so we dont have one).

I think Windows 7 was deleted in the factory reset and I have no idea how to reinstall it.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY
Associate Professor
Associate Professor
1347 114 370
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

lost windows 7?

The recovery partition on your hard drive may be corrupted.

Please try initiating a system recovery from start up using the method described here.

If an error message indicates that System Recovery cannot be run from the startup screen, a set of recovery discs will be needed to perform a system recovery.

If you found my answer helpful please say thanks by clicking on the Thumb's Up icon.
          If my answer solved your problem please mark it as the Accepted Solution. Thanks!

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation