cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
woohee
3 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

window 10 activation after crushed

HP Recommended
HP Pavilion p6741c
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I have HP Pavilion Elite  HPE-400F,with pre-installed window 7 which I have product key number.
I updated to window 10 with activation and used it for a while.
After that, my computer crushed and I replaced HDD & MB and there was no way back to window 7 with recovery discs.  It changed to that

Get support for the products HP has identified HP Pavilion p6741c Desktop PC

Model #:QP686AA

I reinstalled window 10 again as a clean installation with no activation window. MS told me to contact HP to get window 7 to install and update to window 10 again with activation.
It is only way to get the window 10 product key number after install window 7 and upgrade to window 10.
Please help me to get window 7 first to install again or to get the activation key number for window 10.
Please let me know to solve this problem.
Thanks.
2 REPLIES 2
greenbergmethew
Level 5
141 123 9 85
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended
  • Go to Start menu>> select Settings>> Update & security > Activation
  • Select Go to Store and check if a valid licence is available for your system. If not, you will need to buy Windows from the Store.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
greenbergmethew
Level 5
141 123 9 85
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

1. Firstif you don’t have it.

2.Windows 10 setup will start- You will see options related to Language, Time and Keyboard method. Select your desired options and click Next.

1. A new window will open, click on Install Now to start installation of Windows 10.

A new window will open, click on Install Now to start installation of Windows 10.

Now you will see license terms, Check the check-box next to “I accept the license terms” and click onNext. You will see two options: Upgrade and Custom. Select Custom for fresh installation. Upgrade is used to install Windows 10 over previous versions of Windows.

1. Now you will see list of hard disk partitions on your PC available for installation. If you don’t have Partitions already created, you can create new partition by clicking on New.

Enter the size of new partition and click on Apply.You will see additional dialog about additional partitions created by Windows. Click OK to proceed. Now You have partitions ready for installation. Select a partition other than System Reserved partition and click Next.Windows installation will start. This is going to take some time, so, sit back and relax.

1. As soon as previous step completes, Windows will restart and will ask you for product key. You can Enter the product key here or you can “Do this later”. Time to change settings of Windows. You can also choose “Use Express Settings”, but this is not recommended. Click on “Customize Settings”. Turn off first three options in Customize settings and click on Next. You will see more settings, leave them as theyare and click on Next.
  2. Now you have successfully configured settings. It’s time for setting up accounts. Click on “I Own It” and click Next. You can now sign in using your Microsoft account if you are connected to internet. If you don’t have Microsoft account, click on “Skip this step”. Now enter a username and password for it. You can also set Hint for it and click on Next.
  3. After entering details, Windows will finalize settings. Finally Windows will setup applications.Windows will start and you will see login screen, login using same details you entered earlier. YourWindows 10is now ready to be used and played with. Enjoy! Now you have latest version of Windows on your PC. You can setup desktop icons, and other settings. Remember you can change Themes and other settings only after Windows Activation. Should you face any problem, post in comments. 🙂

212.jpg

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation