Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Prodesktop 400 G2 MT
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

I've changed the CPU casing (tower) for a better air vent and to avoid overheating because I used it excessively. but after the casing has been replaced, I need to press F1 everytime I use the computer. Is there any way I can disable this F1 process?

Thanks. 

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi Bishop2031!

I understand that you are having to press F1 every time that you start the system to continue to boot.

Generally this should happen only once when you make a hardware change or clear the CMOS. If it is continuous, this indicates that something may not have been connected or re-seated properly when you changes the case. Could it be possible that the RAM or the RTC battery may not be fully engaged? Have you taken a look at all connections to insure that everything is fully seated/attached? Is the date and time in the PC correct?

You might try to restore your BIOS default settings to see if this might resolve the issue. Also, do you have any bangs in the Device Manager?

If you really would like to disable your post messages, you can go into your BIOS, under the Advanced tab, select Power-On Options and disable your Post Messages and disable your Bypass F1 Prompt on Configuration Changes.

I hope this helps.

I am an HP employee.

Always happy to assist.
HP Recommended

Thank you for your kind reply.  All connections are properly secured.

Anyway, I will take a look on your advise about CMOS thing and hopefully to get rid of this "press F1" .

Thank you and have a nice day!

HP Recommended

Let me know if this works out for you.

Have a great day!

I am an HP employee.

Always happy to assist.
HP Recommended

Hello Lea,

Sorry I just cameback from a long business trip. anywy, after disabling the post messages in cmos, the f1 still needed everytime my desktop start and re-start.

Now there's 2 errors show:

917-front audio not connected

922 front USB 2 not connected

all cables are already connected but still these errors shows everytime I boot up my computer.

Thanks!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.