Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP Sprocket 200
Android 8.0 - 8.1 Oreo

The app doesnt connect with sprocket. Ive tried several phones. The sprocket is on, Bluetooth is on (phone). But I cann't to oprate print app, he keeps 'Searching' to the sprocket. Looks likes there is no connection but my phone does find the sprocket.

HP Sprocket 200
Firmware is: 2.58.0 (5616)
Cell Phones: ASUS_Z016D, HTC U11 Plus

Andriod 8.0: all

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Sming

Welcome to the HP Support Community

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

Was the Sprocket working before?

Are you facing this issue after an update?

However, follow the below steps the can serolve the issue.

Step 1: Turn on the Sprocket and check battery status

The Sprocket might have turned off or the battery might need to be charged. Use the HP sprocket app to check the battery status, and then adjust the Auto Off setting.

1. Press and hold the Power button to turn on the Sprocket, and then open the HP sprocket app.

2. Tap the Menu icon , and then tap sprocket.

3. Tap Manage Printers, make sure your Sprocket is selected, and then tap Printer Settings.

4. Under the Status section, locate Battery.

• If the battery charge is 25% or higher, continue with these steps.

• If the battery chage is 24% or lower, charge the battery for 30 minutes, and then continue with these steps.

5. Tap Auto Off to change when the Sprocket turns off, if necessary.

If the issue persists, continue to the next step.

Step 2: Make sure the Sprocket has photo paper in the input tray

Check the input tray and make sure photo paper is loaded.

1. Turn off the Sprocket, and then remove the paper cover.

2. Make sure to load Sprocket Photo Paper, up to 10 sheets, with the HP logos facing down.

Sprocket Photo Paper with the HP logos facing down

3. Replace the paper cover, and then turn on the Sprocket.

Step 3: Confirm Bluetooth is turned on and paired with your Sprocket

On your mobile device, make sure Bluetooth is turned on and paired with your Sprocket.

1. Turn on the Sprocket.

2. On your mobile device, open the HP sprocket app.

3. Tap the Menu icon , tap sprocket, and then tap Manage Printers.

A list of available Sprockets displays.

• If your Sprocket displays: The Sprocket is connected.

• If your Sprocket does not display: Tap Add New Printer, and then tap the name of your Sprocket.

Step 4: Reset your mobile device and Sprocket

Reset your mobile device and Sprocket to clear any errors states.

1. Turn off your mobile device, and then turn it back on.

2. Turn on the Sprocket.

3. Locate the Reset button.

• HP Sprocket Photo Printer: Insert a straight pin into the access point next to the micro-USB charging port, and then press the Resetbutton for 3 seconds. The Sprocket resets and turns off.

Locating the Reset button for HP Sprocket Photo Printer

• HP Sprocket 200 Printer: Remove the paper cover, and then use a narrow object, such as a pen or paperclip, to press and hold the Reset button for 3 seconds. The Sprocket resets and turns off.

Locating the Reset button on the HP Sprocket 200 Printer

• HP Sprocket Plus Printer: Remove the paper cover, insert a straight pin into the access point next to the input tray, and then press the Reset button for 3 seconds. The Sprocket resets and turns off.

Locating the Reset button on the HP Sprocket Plus Printer

• HP Sprocket 2-in-1: Remove the paper cover, insert a straight pin into the access point next to the input tray, and then press the Reset button for 3 seconds. The Sprocket resets and turns off.

Locating the Reset button on the HP Sprocket 2-in-1

4. Turn on the Sprocket.

Step 5: Upgrade the Sprocket firmware

HP regularly releases firmware updates. Upgrading the Sprocket firmware might resolve the issue.

1. Make sure the Sprocket is on and your mobile device is connected to the Internet.

2. On your mobile device, open the HP sprocket app.

3. Tap the Menu icon , and then tap sprocket.

4. Tap Manage Printers, make sure your Sprocket is selected, and then tap Printer Settings.

5. Look for a firmware upgrade.

• If a firmware upgrade displays, tap Get Firmware Upgrade, and then follow the on-screen prompts to complete the update.

• If a firmware upgrade option does not display, the firmware is up-to-date.

USe this link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-sprocket-200-printer-series/21625473/document/c06032913 For your reference.

Keep me posted, how it goes!

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Have a great day!

Cheers:)

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

Was the Sprocket working before?  It's new. I bought my Sprocket 200 4 days ago.

Are you facing this issue after an update?  In the beginning.

My friend's ipad(2018 ios11)、ASUS_Z01GD(ZenFone 4 Pro), it's working !!

But my phones: ASUS_Z016D, HTC U11 Plus, print app can't find  the sprocket , it keeps 'Searching'.
Looks likes there is no connection but my phone does find the sprocket.

APP ver. 2.58.0 (5616)
Firmware : M1L1FA1849AR

HP Recommended

@Sming

Thanks for the reply.

As the sprocket is working fine with another device.

I suggest you update your phone and update the firmware.

Then, uninstall the app and reinstall the app.

Try to print.

Keep me posted, how it goes!

Have a great day!

Cheers:)

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

It seems that there are some compatibility issues with Sprocket App.

Soon after I hope to have the new version of the app can to solve it.

Thx~

HP Recommended

@Sming

Appreciate all your time and efforts.

I would personally suggest you contact our HP phone support for one on one interaction. 

Please use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp

Step 2. Sign in / sign in as a guest

Step 3. Enter the product number or select to auto detect

Step 4. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 5. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone number and phone number appear.

Keep me posted on further assistance. Hope that helps! 

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Have a great day ahead!

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.