Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP Sprocket 100
Android 8.0 - 8.1 Oreo

The app doesnt connect with sprocket. Ive tried several phones. The sprocket is on, Bluetooth is on (phone). But when I want to print a photo he keeps 'sending' to the sprocket. Looks likes there is no connection but my phone does find the sprocket
[edit]

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@IRoossien

Thank you for posting on HP Forums,

Flower_Bud is at your service.

As I understand, sprocket app does not connect to the sprocket, 

No worries, as I'll be glad to help you, that said, I'll need a few more details to dissect your concern & provide an accurate solution:

When was the last time it worked fine?

Were there any hardware/software changes made?

Let's uninstall Sprocket app and reinstall the updated version of the app from the store. 

Also, update Firmware

1. Open the HP sprocket app.

2. Tap the Menu icon , tap sprocket, and then tap Printers.

The Sprocket information screen displays.

3. Look for a Sprocket firmware upgrade.

• If a firmware upgrade displays, tap Get Firmware Upgrade, and then follow the on-screen prompts to complete the update.

• If a firmware upgrade option does not display, the Sprocket firmware is up-to-date.

Once completed, try printing from the app. 

Let me know how this goes,

Cheers!

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below,

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@IRoossien

Thank you for posting on HP Forums,

Flower_Bud is at your service.

As I understand, sprocket app does not connect to the sprocket, 

No worries, as I'll be glad to help you, that said, I'll need a few more details to dissect your concern & provide an accurate solution:

When was the last time it worked fine?

Were there any hardware/software changes made?

Let's uninstall Sprocket app and reinstall the updated version of the app from the store. 

Also, update Firmware

1. Open the HP sprocket app.

2. Tap the Menu icon , tap sprocket, and then tap Printers.

The Sprocket information screen displays.

3. Look for a Sprocket firmware upgrade.

• If a firmware upgrade displays, tap Get Firmware Upgrade, and then follow the on-screen prompts to complete the update.

• If a firmware upgrade option does not display, the Sprocket firmware is up-to-date.

Once completed, try printing from the app. 

Let me know how this goes,

Cheers!

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below,

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day!

HP Recommended
The sprocket is new. Never been used
HP Recommended

@IRoossien

Thanks for responding,

It's great to have you back,

Please try the steps to resolve the issue 🙂 and keep me posted!

HP Recommended
It works! Thx!
HP Recommended

@IRoossien

Thank you for the update,

I appreciate your time and efforts,

I'm glad to hear the issue is resolved 😉

You've been great to work with and it has been a genuine pleasure interacting with you.

If you need further assistance, feel free to reach out to us 🙂

Take care now and do have a fabulous week ahead. 🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.