Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP Sprocket
iOS

Hello,
I recently bought an HP sprocket. To my excitement i followed and be was sure to include the calibration sheet face-down. As i started printing my picture, the photo came out with black lines down it. I then reset the sprocket with a pin, let it cool down for a bit, and presumed to try again using the calibration sheet face down again and again the same bad quality image came out. I used 10 sheets of the zink paper that came free with my order and it all had lines on it. I decide to get a new set to test, thinking it was the paper fault but i am on my 13th piece of paper and I still have the same problem. also my photos have white borders on the top and bottom ( i believe it should not be there bcause another friend of mine has the same printer and she does not have any of my current problems)

I believe my printer is defective and is not functioning the way it should be. What can be done? i have the pictures to prove if you need it for examples. Please help

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@jonsng

Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂 

I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers. 

As I understand there are black lines through prints,

No worries, as I'll be glad to help you, that said, I'll need a few more details to dissect your concern & provide an accurate solution: 

Did you attempt to reset the printer?

If you haven't, Let's first try to reset the printer to get it working properly. On the printer, locate the reset button near the charging port, insert a straight pin into the reset button access point, and then press the reset button for 3 seconds to reset the printer.

Once done, reconnect the printer via Bluetooth.

If the issue still persists, go to http://hp.care/2ilvn9u and perform the steps mentioned under "What can I do to improve print quality?".

Keep me posted,

If I have answered your queries, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" button for my efforts to help you.

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

i've reset the printer a couple of times, but the issue still persists 😕 it has been a few days and so many prints and it's still giving me the same problems.. i've wasted 2 packets of  papers already and the print quality is still as bad.

HP Recommended

@jonsng

Thank you for responding,

It's great to have you back 😉

I understand your concern and recommend you update the firmware,

Click here to find and install it.

Also, try with a different phone, if the issue persists, please Contact HP phone support as this could be a hardware malfunction:

HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: http://h22207.www2.hp.com/us-en/?openCLC=true

(1) Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.

(2) Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.

(3) Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.

(4) Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get the phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

They will be happy to assist you immediately. 

If the unit is under warranty repair services under the manufacturer's warranty will be free of charge.

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi There is no way i can get a support contact because when i try to contact support and i am about to finish to the last step, i cannot iniaiate a phone support because of this problem

"ERROR for site owner:
Invalid domain for site key" i cannot verify that i am not a robot -.- please help please. I have already done all steps to rectify the problem and i have updated my firmware to no avail. This is really getting frustrating.

HP Recommended

@jonsng

Thank you for replying with this detailed response 😉 

I appreciate your time and efforts,

I will let the concerned team know about the issue,

That said, I request you to send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from and I'll be able to provide a direct number (if available) to make it easier to reach them and get through this situation.

Keep me posted,

feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon,

followed by clicking on 'Accepted as Solution' as it would help the community gain more knowledge,

And Have a great day Ahead!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.