Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP Sprocket Photo Printer
Android 8 Oreo
I had purchased the HP sprocket on May 31st, 2018 along with original Zink papers.
I noticed there are visible white and black lines on the initially printed pictures. Then it was working fine but Now it is again showing the same black and white lines

Whenever I'm trying to take prints of my picture, it is showing visible blue lines in the right side of the page and leaving a good margin of white colour on the left of the printed image. 

I followed the solved query posted on Hp customer discussion forum:  https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/sprocket/Photos-printing-with-a-pinkish-black-line-down-the-middle/td-...

I did whatever that was asked in the same post: 

1. I reset  the printer, and reinserted the blue card to check for calibration as mentioned in the usual manual "What can I do to improve print quality?" present in the app and took prints,  but no luck.

2. I was using original Zink paper in the beginning also, but I again put a new pack of 10 HP Zink photo paper in and calibrated it with the blue card but the lines are still appearing on my photos.

3. I was taking print out with my sprocket completely charged to 100%

4. I took print out after disabling "Embedded Experiences", but I could still find visible lines.

5. There is no firmware update available for my sprocket.

6. I tried to change the device from Android to different Android phone and also to iPhone, But no luck there too.

I have already waste 3 packs of new Hp sticker base original paper that comes with the printer,

the photos still look awful.

According the Solution provided in the thread link mentioned above, it appears to be the hardware issue.

Can anybody please advise me on how to get this issue fixed

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@shaktidhende,

Good day. Thank you for posting your query in the HP support forums and a good day to you. I have reviewed the case and will be delighted to assist you. I see that this is your first visit here and you've done some brilliant troubleshooting and remarkable analysis of the issue. Kudos to you for that and it is a genuine pleasure to share this platform with you.

• Did you follow the complete print quality document?
  • It is a definite hardware issue. Let's try these steps nevertheless.
  • Run all the latest Oreo updates on your Android phone.
  • THen uninstall and reinstall the sprocket app from the store.
  • Then follow all the relevant steps from this link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/product/hp-sprocket-photo-printer/12635221/document/c05660842 (HP Sprocket - Improving Print Quality)
  • If it has not been performed yet by you. Otherwise, ignore the steps and  I will send you a private message to assist you with the next course of action. Check your forum private message box in the upper right corner next to the bell icon.
  • The printer needs to be replaced. I am being honest about it here by keeping your best interest in mind without beating around the bush.

Good luck and keep me posted about the developments. If this helps, please mark this as Accepted Solution as it will help several others with the same issue and give the post a Kudos for my efforts to help. Thank you and have a great week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi David,

I have already tried the steps mentioned above but the problem remains the same. So, guide me through the process of replacement of the printer.

-Shakti.

HP Recommended

@shaktidhende,

Thank you for the reply and your terrific efforts and patience are greatly appreciated. I will send you a private message to assist you with the next course of action. Check your forum private message box in the upper right corner next to the bell icon. 

Thank you and have a blessed week ahead.

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I've followed all the steps shakti and u have mentioned and I'm still having the same problem. Photos are horrendous and I'm wasting money with the packs.. I need a replacement. Based in SG

HP Recommended

@Rav89

Since you tried all possible steps, you may call HP Support to obtain all available repair/replacement options. I've send you a private message with instructions on how to contact HP Support in your regions. Could you please check your inbox on the forums page for the private message.
Have a great day!

Senan6806

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi,

I'm having the same issue and have tried all the suggested solutions. I went through 4 packets of zink photo papers and have not been able to resolve the lines on my photos. I bought the sprocket 200 on January 17, 2019. Can someone walk me through the process of getting this replaced please?

HP Recommended

@Tee1414, Welcome to HP Support Community!

If you have tried all the troubleshooting steps in this document, you can try our other support options.

Follow the steps below to reach out to our HP Support team:

Step 1. Open link:www.hp.com/contacthp/
Step 2. Enter the product number or select to auto detect 
Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"
Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone number and phone number appear.

Thank you. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.