Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

I'm having the issue with my envy 7100. My Husbands note 3 android won't pair with the printer. Called customer service and they was no help. The printer will pop up on his blue tooth but it says unable to connect? It connected to my phone though. I need both connected

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@Tobemarci,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

Thank you for posting your query on this forum, it's a great place to find answers.

I reviewed your post and I understand that you are facing issues printing from your Android phone.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

In order that I may provide you with an accurate solution, I will need a few more details.

• When was the last time the printer was working fine?
  • Have you performed any troubleshooting steps before posting?

Meanwhile, I recommend you follow the steps in the below article and check if it helps.

http://hp.care/2C1k1Sc

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If the solution provided helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. Your feedback counts!

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Have you figured out how to do this? I am having the same problem and do not see a reply to yours???

HP Recommended

The HP Smart app applies to wifi printers, not Bluetooth.  Diesnt work with Sprockets!

HP Recommended

no I haven't but gave up for now and will try again later today. If you have figured it out please let me know  :-))

HP Recommended

Yes mine is WiFi but I cannot figure out how to set the settings to print to printer???  I had at first printed one picture and then I guess the settings changed themselves somehow and could not print any more. I cannot figure out how to set the phone to print, it now says 'The printer isn't available right now'  when it was before and I have tried all I know but cannot get the phone back to recognize the printer. They are both connected to the same WiFi. Can you help at all? I need step by step please

HP Recommended

Are you using a Sprocket?  You need to connect your phone to the printer through Bluetooth, not wifi, if so. And use the HP Sprocket app.

HP Recommended

I do not believe my printer has bluetooth, just WiFi?  not sure

HP Recommended

@handymom27 wrote:

I do not believe my printer has bluetooth, just WiFi?  not sure

Please read this post then provide some details.  What printer model? What operating system? Are you connecting the printer to a phone or a PC or Mac?

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.