Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP Sprocket Photo Printer

I was elated to purchased the white sprocket only to discover the disappointing print quality. I currently own various Polaroid brand instant print products, but I believed that the HP sprocket had more to offer, especially after viewing countless reviews and videos regarding the HP Sprocket. I currently have an iPhone 8 plus and I have tried printing various pictures taken by my phone and also pictures taken from my Nikon camera, yet the results remain disappointing. I even tried adjusting the brightness and reprinting.  Based on the reviews and videos I saw, the HP Sprocket prints were all clear and beautiful prints. I did not intend to spend over one hundred dollars for a low quality product. Is there a solution to my issue? Am I doing something wrong? Is my sprocket is defected? 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Christy01

Welcome to HP Forums, 

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips, 

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂 

As I understand you have brightness/quality issues with the prints from your sprocket,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

Did you ensure the sprocket was fully charged before use?

Have you upgraded the firmware to resolve the issue?

Are you using genuine HP Sprocket photo paper?

While you respond to that, here's what you need to do:

Step 1: Use genuine HP Sprocket Photo Paper

ZINK® makes custom photo paper for a variety of printers, such as Polaroid, LG, and HP. HP recommends using HP Sprocket Photo Paper for best results. HP cannot guarantee the quality or reliability of non-HP Sprocket Photo Paper. If you do not use genuine HP Sprocket Photo Paper, the steps in this document might not resolve the issue.

To purchase genuine HP Sprocket Photo Paper, go to the HP Sprocket homepage. You can also purchase genuine HP Sprocket Photo Paper from other retailers.

If using genuine HP Sprocket Photo Paper did not resolve the issue, continue to the next step.

Step 2: Charge the printer

Check the printer battery level using the HP sprocket app to determine if the printer needs to be charged.

1. Turn on the printer.

2. On your mobile device, open the HP sprocket app.

3. Tap the Menu icon , and then tap sprocket.

4. Tap Printers, and then select your printer in the list.

The printer information screen displays.

5. Under the Status section, locate Battery.

• If the battery charge is 50% or higher, continue to the next step.

• If the battery charge is 49% or lower, charge the printer until the Status Indicator light turns green, and then continue to the next step.

Step 3: Upgrade the printer firmware

HP regularly releases firmware updates. Upgrading the printer firmware might resolve the issue.

1. Make sure the printer is on and your mobile device is connected to the Internet.

2. On your mobile device, open the HP sprocket app.

3. Tap the Menu icon , and then tap sprocket.

4. Tap Printers, and then tap your printer in the list.

The printer information screen displays.

5. Look for a firmware upgrade.

CLICK HERE FOR MORE STEPS AND INSTRUCTIONS.

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.