Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Deskjet 3325 (C8949A) Printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
The drive gearwheel on the feedroller shaft has its boss split and stripped as the wheel has turned on the shaft. I have made brass attachments which sandwich the wheel and made a sleeve to hold the boss together. I now have a very strong wheel with a second boss on the other (out) side, two grubscrews 90 degrees apart affix it firmly to the roller shaft. What I need to know is, I notice the PG disc glued to the gearwheel, which is read by an optocoupler, and which has its outer circle of radial stripes for that purpose, also has 1 to 12 marked around on an inner circle, and at the 12 there is a rectangular opaque blob which suggests that there may be a "second track" on the disc read by a second part of the opto. OR this circle with the 1 to 12 may be read in the factory by a strobe device to check the vertical registration. If the above is too confusing, my simple question is, when I fit the gear to the paper feed roller shaft, do I need to worry about the timing. Do I just fit it and it will work.
Technomaniac
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

There is no timing, just put back gear on the place, make sure the glued encoder disk fits in the sensor.

My profile on LinkedIn

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

There is no timing, just put back gear on the place, make sure the glued encoder disk fits in the sensor.

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

Thanks for that.  Gives me the confidence to continue !

Technomaniac
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.