Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP Sprocket

I have been trying to trouble shot my HP Sprocket for the last 5 days. When I plug it in, it flashes red and green.  I have left it plugged in for a day to charge and it will not. I have changed charging cord and block as well as outlets. Still no change.  I have done a reset, I have deleted the app and reinstalled it. I have reset my sprocket. I have taken out the paper that was in there and put brand new paper in. I was able to win the blue card through, but when I tried to print a picture, it only printed maybe 1/8th of the picture. My warranty is up as of 4 months ago. I have always taken good care of my sprocket. It sits in a padded case on my desk. I am at a total loss as what to do wi

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@mamabear_3

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Upgrade the Sprocket firmware:

HP regularly releases firmware updates. Upgrading the firmware might resolve the issue.

1. Make sure the Sprocket is on and your mobile device is connected to the Internet.

2. On your mobile device, open the HP sprocket app.

3. Tap the Menu icon , and then tap sprocket.

4. Tap Manage Printers, make sure your Sprocket is selected, and then tap Printer Settings.

5. Under the Status section, locate Battery.

• If the battery charge is 25% or higher, continue with these steps.

• If the battery charge is 24% or lower, charge the battery for at least 30 minutes, and then continue with these steps.

6. In Printer Settings, look for a firmware upgrade.

• If a firmware upgrade displays, tap Get Firmware Upgrade, and then follow the on-screen prompts to complete the update.

• If a firmware upgrade option does not display, the firmware is up-to-date.

Send a print job.

If the issue persists, please perform the remaining steps from this document: https://support.hp.com/in-en/product/hp-sprocket-photo-printer/12635221/document/c05938618 and https://support.hp.com/in-en/product/hp-sprocket-photo-printer/12635221/document/c05660842

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have tried all of these steps. I am lucky to get1 picture to print. The printer will not fully charge. It may get to 57%. That is leaving it plugged in for 24 hours +. When it is charging it says it is at 100%. As soon as I unplug it, it goes down to 57% or less. I will send a picture to print and it may print 1 picture, or it will print part of a picture and shut off. I am guessing this is because it will not hold a charge????? Either way something IS NOT RIGHT with the printer. The firmware is up to date, I am using the proper HP Sprocket printing paper, there is NO PAPER JAM. I just can't seem to get the printer to hold a charge and stay on to complete the printing job.

HP Recommended

@mamabear_3

You can initiate a factory reset by using the steps below. 

A factory reset can only be completed when the USB charging cable is NOT connected to the printer.

1. Hold the power button for about 7 seconds in total. After 3 seconds, the Status LED light will turn off to indicate the printer is shutting down; continue to hold the Power button until the LED lights start to flash.

2. Release the power button. The LEDs will continue blinking for about 6 seconds.

3. While the LEDs are blinking, press and release the power button. The device will remain off until you power on again.

4. Power on; the printer will be reset to factoring settings. After a factory reset, all settings are reset to factory defaults (Custom Name, LED color, Sleep Time, Auto-Off, etc.)

Now, try charging the sprocket and check if the issue persists.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I recommend you to contact the HP Support Team regarding this as this could be a hardware issue.

Link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Note:  Select the country accordingly to get the contact details for support.

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.