Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP Sprocket Photo Printer
I recently received a HP Sprocket for Christmas which was ordered from Amazon. After charging and connecting my unit, I printed my first two photos today. I am very disappointed by the photo quality. The colors are not true to the original image (much more dull and less vibrant) and the quality appears very grainy. I have seen other forum posts with complaints of blue tinted photos with grainy quality as well.

After doing some research via the online forum and other peoples' previous concerns, I confirmed that I am using authentic printing paper (used the pack that came with my unit), the unit is fully charged, and I performed a firmware update to version 1.1.5 before making my first print. 

Ultimately, I'm not sure if this is due to an issue with the printer itself or printer paper or if these results produced are expected (grainyness and poor colors). Again, I am very disappointed by the photo quality.
3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@skate4fun88

Thank you for posting on HP Forums, MKazi is at your service. 

I understand that you have a new HP Sprocket Printer and the printer produces photos that have a blue tint and are grainy. I appreciate the steps you have performed and have certainly done a good job. I'll do my best to assist you with this case.

I did some research and found the below information:

The HP Sprocket Photo Printer supports 5.0 x 7.6 cm (2 x 3 in) HP Sprocket Photo Paper with the blue Smartsheet®.

• The Smartsheet® calibrates the printer to provide the best print quality for printing with the specific pack of HP Sprocket Photo Paper. The Smartsheet® cleans the paper path rollers during calibration or when you need to improve print quality. 
  • Load 5.0 x 7.6 cm (2 x 3 in) HP Sprocket Photo Paper into the input tray.
  • Turn off the printer.

• Remove the top cover by sliding it away from the output slot, and then set it aside.

Figure : Removing the top cover

Removing the top cover

1. Slide the top cover

2. Remove the top cover

• Load up to 10 sheets of HP Sprocket Photo Paper with the blue Smartsheet®. Make sure the Smartsheet® is on the bottom of the stack with the bar-code facing down, and the photo paper with the HP logos facing down

NOTE: Keep the Smartsheet® until you are done with all 10 sheets, and then discard it.

Figure : Loading HP Sprocket Photo Paper

Loading HP Sprocket Photo Paper

• Align the top cover with the tracks on the outside of the printer, and then slide the top cover toward the output slot until it is firmly seated.

Figure : Closing the top cover

Closing the top cover

1. Align the top cover

2. Slide the top cover

• Turn on the printer.

Step 4: Calibrate the printer:

Send a print job with the HP sprocket app to calibrate the printer with the Smartsheet®.

1. On your mobile device, open the HP sprocket app.

2. From the home screen, tap the Photos icon,  or , and then follow the on-screen prompts to allow the app to access your camera and photos.

3. Select the photo you want to print.

The print preview screen displays.

4. Tap Edit to adjust the photo appearance, add text or stickers, and apply filters.

5. Tap the Checkmark icon  to save any changes, and then tap the Print icon  .

A Sending to sprocket printer message displays, and the printer calibrates using the Smartsheet®.

6. Wait until the device is idle and silent, and then remove the Smartsheet®.

After calibration completes, your photo prints.

For more information, go to Printing Photos

If the issue still persists then please contact our HP phone support team to check the available warranty options for your HP sprocket printer.

I sincerely hope this information helps. Keep me posted. Good luck! 🙂

HP Recommended

I would think its problem with the printer. My first printer had lines on the photos so I contacted HP support via a myraid of ways before they finally get back to me. But I must say the resolution is quite good; they sent me a replacement printer so no fuss to bring it down whatsoever. 

I was so happy when I received the replacement printer. However, my joy soon turned to disappointment. The replacement printer either print out blue tinted photos or photos with lines. I am quite sure I am using legit photo paper since its the pack that came with the printer.

I am now thinking whether to go through the tedious process of contacting HP support or just give up on the printer. The photo papers arent exactly cheap for the amount of testing the HP support requested us to try on.

HP Recommended

Hi @skate4fun88

It looks like you were interacting with MKazi, but he is out for the day & I'll be glad to help you out. I'm KrazyToad & I'm at your service.I reviewed your concern and the entire conversation.

I understand your concerns and frustrations.

I have escalated your concern to HP's Support Team in your region to have it reviewed for available options (if any). You should be contacted within 4 business days (Excluding Holidays & Weekends).

Response times may vary by region. Please send a Private Message, if you aren’t contacted within 4-5 business days. 

Thank you.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.