Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP PHOTOSMART D5360
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

OK PRINTER WORKED FINE LAST TIME I USED IT TO PRINT DVD LABLE, HOWVER THIS TIME IT SAYS CARIAGE JAM. I LOOKED AND INK WAS LOCKED WITH THE RUBBER SEAL . I WIGGLED IT BACK IN FORTH AND IT FREED UP HOWEVER IT MOVES ALONG THE CARRIAGE AS NORMAL UPON STARTUP BUT YET STILL SAYS CARRIAGE JAM

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@CROSSEYED

Good Day. A warm welcome to the HP community. 

I reviewed the case regarding issues with the printer. I will be delighted to assist you here.  

Superb description, brilliant troubleshooting and terrific observations made before posting. Kudos to you for that. 😉 

In this case, I would recommend you to try cleaning the cartridge.

1. Gather the following materials.

Dry foam-rubber swabs, lint-free cloth, or any soft material that does not come apart or leave fibers (coffee filters work well)

Distilled, filtered, or bottled water (tap water might contain contaminants that can damage the ink cartridges) 2. Press the Power button to turn on the printer.

3. Slide your fingers into the two slots, and then gently lift up to open the ink cartridge access door. The carriage moves to the ink cartridge access area. Wait until the carriage is idle and silent before you continue.

4. Disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.

5. To release the ink cartridge, lift the lid on the ink cartridge slot, and then gently push the lid back until it stops.

6. Pull up on the ink cartridge to remove it from the slot.

7. Hold the ink cartridge by its sides.

8. Lightly moisten the lint-free cloth with distilled water, and then squeeze any excess water from it.

9. Clean only the copper-colored contacts on the ink cartridge, and then allow the ink cartridge to dry for about 10 minutes.

10. Use the swab or cloth to clean the electrical contacts in the carriage, located inside the printer in the ink cartridge slots.

11. Allow the carriage contacts to dry for about 10 minutes.

12. Hold the ink cartridge at a slight upward angle with the ink cartridge contacts facing the rear of the printer, slide the ink cartridge into the empty slot, and then close the lid on the ink cartridge slot to secure the ink cartridge in place.

13. Close the ink cartridge access door.

14. Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer. 

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes. 😉

Barachiel
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.