Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP Sprocket
Android 7.0 - 7.1.2 Nougat

Hi my new HP Sprocket connects to my Andriod Samsung Galaxy 7 but despite making printing sounds, does not actually print. I've tried resetting by inserting pin, looking for firmware updates (received an error message) and looked for any updated software for the app for my phone. Nothing has helped. Any info would be appreciated. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@ATO18,

Allow me to welcome to HP Support Forums! It is a great platform to get help from the community, get suggestions and find what has worked for others!

I see that you are facing issues with the HP Sprocket after the update. Please try the steps listed here to try and fix the issue: http://hp.care/2py3Piw

Try the steps listed under “What if the printer does not print?”.

Charge the printer

A low battery can cause poor print quality. Check the printer battery level using the HP Sprocket app to determine if the printer needs charged.

1. On your mobile device, open the HP Sprocket app.
  2. Tap the Menu icon , and then tap your printer in the list.

The printer information screen displays.

1. Under the Status section, locate Battery.
    • If the battery charge is 50% or higher, continue to the next step.
    • If the battery charge is 49% or lower, charge the printer.

The printer is fully charged when the Indicator light is solid and green.

1. After the printer is fully charged, try to print.

If the issue persists let's try to reset the printer: 

If the printer does not print when you send a print job or turn on when you press the power button, reset the printer with a straight pin to clear any errors.

1. Turn on the printer.

2. Locate the reset button near the charging port.

Figure : Locating the reset button

Locating the reset button
  3. Gently insert the straight pin into the reset button access point, and then press the reset button for 3 seconds.

The printer resets and turns off.

4. Turn on the printer.

Next step would be to perform a printer firmware update.

Upgrade the printer firmware

HP regularly releases printer updates. Upgrading the printer firmware might resolve the issue.

1. Make sure the printer is on and your mobile device is connected to the Internet.
  2. On your mobile device, open the HP Sprocket app.
  3. Tap the Menu icon , and then tap your printer in the list.

The printer information screen displays.

1. Look for a printer firmware upgrade.
    • If a firmware upgrade displays, tap Get Firmware Upgrade, and then follow the on-screen prompts to complete the update.
    • If a firmware upgrade option does not display, the printer firmware is up to date. Continue to the next step.
  2. After updating the printer firmware, try to print.

If you have followed the steps suggested and still having the issue, I would suggest you contact our HP phone support for further assistance. 

HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: 

1. Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/
  2. 2) Click on “Continue as guest”.
  3. 3) Enter the serial of your device.
  4. 4) Select the country from the drop-down.
  5. 5) Click on “Show Options”.

Fill the web-form. A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Jeet, 

I've done as you've suggested a number of times without success. The printer, as mentioned, simply makes a whirring noise as if printing but nothing comes out. The software seems to also think that printing has occured as I receive a completion message.

Please advise.

Anna

HP Recommended

@ATO18,

Thanks for the update,

As you have already exhausted all the steps and still having the issue. I would recommend you contact our HP phone support for further assistance. 

Please follow the link from the previous post to get in touch with them.

Let me know if you encounter any difficulty contacting them. I'll be more than glad to help you.

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful,

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons,

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.