Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Sprocket 200
Android 9.0 Pie

unable to detect sprocket 200 via bluetooth with sprocket software or through phone settings.  does not show up as a device.

I've reset the sprocket numerous times and restarted my Google Pixel 3a XL several times too..

Sprocket is fully charged.

Location services are on.

The sprocket is also not detected from an Iphone 8.  It previously had worked (although, unsure what the phone model was).

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

@clinkerz

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Please read through my issue description again.    I am unable to connect via Bluetooth and therefore unable to upgrade the firmware.  

HP Recommended

@clinkerz

Thank you for posting back. 

HP regularly releases firmware updates. Upgrading the Sprocket firmware might resolve the issue.

1. Make sure the Sprocket is on and your mobile device is connected to the Internet.

2. On your mobile device, open the HP sprocket app.

3. Tap the Menu icon , and then tap sprocket.

4. Tap Manage Printers, make sure your Sprocket is selected, and then tap Printer Settings.

5. Look for a firmware upgrade.

• If a firmware upgrade displays, tap Get Firmware Upgrade, and then follow the on-screen prompts to complete the update.

• If a firmware upgrade option does not display, the firmware is up-to-date.

If the issue persists, I would request you to reach out to our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Please, please, please stop sending me canned replies.  I AM UNABLE TO GO PAST STEP 3 BECAUSE I CANNOT CONNECT VIA BLUETOOTH.  The HP Sprocket does not show up as a device to connect to via bluetooth.  I am unable to see it via my phone settings (Bluetooth scan) or through the Sprocket app.

I am therefore unable to update the firmware.

HP Recommended

I have the same issue. This worked perfectly for two years and now it doesn’t recognize the printer. I have reset it and changed and updated everything I can. Since it won’t find my printer I cannot update the firmware. Please do something! Have you upgraded the app? If so it has caused this problem. 

HP Recommended

Following up...  

Please, please, please stop sending me canned replies.  I AM UNABLE TO GO PAST STEP 3 BECAUSE I CANNOT CONNECT VIA BLUETOOTH.  The HP Sprocket does not show up as a device to connect to via bluetooth.  I am unable to see it via my phone settings (Bluetooth scan) or through the Sprocket app.

HP Recommended

Still waiting.  

HP Recommended

Following up...  still...

HP Recommended

Following up...  again.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.