Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP Sprocket
Other

I recently purchased the HP sprocket. My pictures are not coming out clear as advertised; the colors are dull and some areas are blurry. I tried many solutions given in previous forums likes upgrading the firmware, charging completely, letting the sprocket cool down, resetting the sprocket, etc..... please help.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @EwaK,

Welcome to HP Forums,

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips,

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂

As I understand, print quality seems to be dull and blurry.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

Was it working fine earlier?

Let's try these troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue:  

Step 1: Use genuine HP Sprocket Photo Paper

ZINK® makes custom photo paper for a variety of printers, such as Polaroid, LG, and HP. HP recommends using HP Sprocket Photo Paper for best results. HP cannot guarantee the quality or reliability of non-HP Sprocket Photo Paper. If you do not use genuine HP Sprocket Photo Paper, the steps in this document might not resolve the issue.

To purchase genuine HP Sprocket Photo Paper, go to the HP Sprocket homepage. You can also purchase genuine HP Sprocket Photo Paper from other retailers.

If using genuine HP Sprocket Photo Paper did not resolve the issue, continue to the next step.

Step 2: Charge the printer

Check the printer battery level using the HP sprocket app to determine if the printer needs to be charged.

1. Turn on the printer.

2. On your mobile device, open the HP sprocket app.

3. Tap the Menu icon , and then tap sprocket.

4. Tap Printers, and then select your printer in the list.

The printer information screen displays.

5. Under the Status section, locate Battery.

• If the battery charge is 50% or higher, continue to the next step.

• If the battery charge is 49% or lower, charge the printer until the Status Indicator light turns green, and then continue to the next step.

Step 3: Upgrade the printer firmware

CLICK HERE TO CONTINUE TROUBLESHOOTING

Let me know how that pans out

I hope you have a good day ahead,

And Feel free to ask any other queries as well,

Considering, this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help.

HP Recommended

Hello,

I got the printer two days ago and all of the pictures I've printed since have been blurry.

- I used the genuine sprocket paper that came with the sprocket.

- I fully charged the sprocket.

- I upgraded the firmware.

And I tried everything mentioned in other forums like resetting the sprocket or placing the blue paper in the sprocket. I really don't know why the picture quality isn't good......

HP Recommended

@EwaK,

Thank you for replying with this detailed response 😉

I appreciate your time and efforts,

In this case, I suggest you contact our phone support.

HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:

* Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

* Enter Product number or select to auto detect

* Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

* Scroll down and click on HP contact options - click on Get a Case & phone number.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

If the unit is under warranty repair services under the manufacturer's warranty will be free of charge.

HP Recommended

Hi,

This is Vignesh B

Welcome to HP Consumer Support Forum. I am happy to assist you!

Please try the below mentioned Troubleshooting steps and let me know if this helps you resolving the issue.

First of all, I would like to inform you that the alignment or calibration sheet is must to get the printer calibrated to the best quality mode. The alignment or calibration sheet should be placed for every stack (10 Pages). In case, if you dont have the alignment sheet, the alignment sheet will come with every set of papers you purchase. Please follow the below mentioned troubleshooting steps if the issue still persists

Step 1 : please make sure you have the alignment placed in the paper tray. So, that the printer would be calibrated to the best quality mode.

Step 2 : In Case, if the issue still persists, Please go the sprocket application on the mobile, Please click on the firware updates on the left pane. Please update the firmware.

Step 3 : Please turn off the printer and turn it back on.

Step 4 : Please place the alignment sheet one more time and then try printing.

We hope this helps you resolving the issue

Please contact 1-800-474-6836 for any assistance. We work 24*7.
Thank you for choosing HP. Have a wonderful day ahead.

Please click the "Thumbs Up", to say thanks for helping!
Also, please consider marking my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue.

I am an HP Employee.#HPExpertsDay

Ricky
I am an HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.