Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP Sprocket

Leaving vertical lines on the edge of the photo and white line on the photo. I have tried to update the firmware and also do all the steps of the link (http://hp.care/2ilvn9u ) above but the problems still exist, what can I do?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @CSL14

Welcome to HP Support Forums. A really great platform for posting all your questions and finding solutions.

I understand that you are getting vertical lines on your photos when printing.

I'd like to help.

Let's Clean the output rollers

1. Turn off the printer.

2. Remove the top cover by sliding it away from the output slot, and then set it aside.

Figure : Removing the top cover

1. Slide the top cover

2. Remove the top cover

3. Remove any photo paper from the input tray, and then make sure the photo paper is in good condition. Remove any severely bent, wrinkled, or torn photo paper from the stack.

4. Reload the HP Sprocket Photo Paper with the blue Smartsheet®. Make sure the blue Smartsheet® is on the bottom of the stack with the bar-code facing down, and the HP Sprocket Photo Paper with the HP logos facing down.

NOTE: Keep the Smartsheet® until you are done with all 10 sheets, and then discard it.

Figure : Loading Smartsheet with the photo paper

Loading Smartsheet with the photo paper
  5. Align the top cover with the tracks on the outside of the printer, and then slide the top cover toward the output slot until it is firmly seated.

Figure : Closing the top cover

1. Align the top cover

2. Slide the top cover

6. Turn on the printer, and then resend the print job.

The printer calibrates and cleans the output rollers with the blue Smartsheet®, and then prints the photo.

You can also follow the instructions in Step 5 from this Link

If the issue persists, please contact our Phone Support for Service Options

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/
Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect 
Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"
Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone number and phone number appear.

Keep me posted how it goes.

Thank you 🙂

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" and "Kudos" Buttons.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

The problems still exist, and I have already get the replacement unit but still when I print out there still have the vertical lines on edge of picture & white line on the photo...Even worse than last time. Is it all sprocket comes out like this? All the photo have the white edge and white line. I used to have a high expectation to hp sprocket, but now the problems still the same, unlike others people's hp sprocket could print out perfectly without any problems. 

I have tried using the blue paper to reprint, reset the printer, update the firmware, check the photo dpi, charge full battery, all the stuff but the problem still there. How can I solve this?
HP Recommended

@CSL14

It looks like you were interacting with KrazyToad, but he is out for the day & I'll be glad to help you out. 
I'm Raj1788 & I'm at your service.

Thank you for replying to the HP Support Forums,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. 

They will contact you shortly and likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. 

Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. 

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (such as serial numbers and case details).

Have a great day.

Good luck!

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.