Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP Sprocket
iOS

I've reset the Sprocket.

Sent the Zink Smartsheet through 2/3 times.

Opened a whole new pack of printing paper. None of them are wrinkled, wet, damaged in any way.

My photos are of perfect quality.

My Sprocket is fully charged.

My app is updated.

I'm letting the printer rest in-between prints.

I've deleted and re-downloaded the app.

Someone please. Help me with this thing. I've successfully printed three photos off the Sprocket and now it's printing with pink splotches and washed out colours. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@lins51387

Thank you for posting on HP Forums, 

Riddle_Decipher is at your service. 

As I understand the HP Sprocket Print quality is poor due to the pink splotches and washed out colors,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

Did you upgrade the printer firmware?

While you respond to that, here's what you need to do:

(Considering, you've pretty much done everything else) 😉

HP regularly releases firmware updates. Upgrading the printer firmware might resolve the issue.

1. Make sure the printer is on and your mobile device is connected to the Internet.

2. On your mobile device, open the HP sprocket app.

3. Tap the Menu icon , and then tap sprocket.

4. Tap Printers, and then tap your printer in the list.

The printer information screen displays.

5. Look for a firmware upgrade.

• If a firmware upgrade displays, tap Get Firmware Upgrade, and then follow the on-screen prompts to complete the update.

• If a firmware upgrade option does not display, the printer firmware is up-to-date. Continue to the next step.

6. After upgrading the printer firmware, try to print.

If the print quality is unacceptable, continue to the next step.

Clean the output rollers

Dirt and debris on the paper path rollers can cause print quality issues. Use the blue Smartsheet® from the same pack of HP Sprocket Photo Paper currently in the printer to clean the paper path rollers.

NOTE:

To avoid print quality issues, do not use a Smartsheet® from a different pack of HP Sprocket Photo Paper.

1. Turn off the printer.

2. Remove the top cover by sliding it away from the output slot, and then set it aside.

Figure : Removing the top cover

1. Slide the top cover

2. Remove the top cover

3. Remove any photo paper from the input tray, and then make sure the photo paper is in good condition. Remove any severely bent, wrinkled, or torn photo paper from the stack.

4. Reload the HP Sprocket Photo Paper with the blue Smartsheet®. Make sure the blue Smartsheet® is on the bottom of the stack with the bar-code facing down, and the HP Sprocket Photo Paper with the HP logos facing down.

NOTE:

Keep the Smartsheet® until you are done with all 10 sheets, and then discard it.

Figure : Loading Smartsheet with the photo paper

Loading Smartsheet with the photo paper
  5. Align the top cover with the tracks on the outside of the printer, and then slide the top cover toward the output slot until it is firmly seated.

Figure : Closing the top cover

1. Align the top cover

2. Slide the top cover

6. Turn on the printer, and then resend the print job.

The printer calibrates and cleans the output rollers with the blue Smartsheet®, and then prints the photo.

If the print quality is unacceptable, continue to the next step.

Other things to try

If the print quality is still unacceptable, the following tips might help improve print quality.

• Make sure images have a minimum resolution of 818 x 1258 pixels per inch (ppi) for optimal print quality. Screen-captured images from your mobile device might not have sufficient resolution for optimal print quality. See your mobile device manufacturer for more information.

• Disable the Relive Memories feature in the HP sprocket app. If you enabled Relive Memories, the print job might take longer to print and print quality might be less than expected.

For more information, go to Print Issues after Enabling Relive Memories.

• Make sure the lighting is sufficient to clearly see the subject of your photo. Use the flash on your mobile device to improve the photo quality.

• Use the HP sprocket app to adjust photo contrast and brightness. On your mobile device, open the HP sprocket app, and then take or select a photo you want to print. On the print preview screen, tap Edit, and then tap the Adjustments icon . Adjust the brightness and contrast, tap the Checkmark icon  to save any changes, and then tap the Print icon  .

• Allow the printer a few minutes to cool down between print jobs.

When the printer becomes too warm, a Cooling down... Sprocket needs to cool down before printing another job. Wait to send another photo.message might display on the HP sprocket app. Tap OK to clear the message.

• Store the photo paper in a cool, dry place and avoid contact with water. If water spills on the photo paper, wipe it away as soon as possible to prevent damaging the photo paper.

If none of the above helps, please Contact HP to have the printer repaired or replaced:

HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:  

* Open link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/

* Enter Product number or select to auto detect

* Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

* Scroll down and click on HP contact options - click on Get a Case & phone number.

They will be happy to assist you immediately. 

If the unit is under warranty repair services under the manufacturer's warranty will be free of charge.

If you would like to thank me for my efforts to help you, 

feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution".

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Okay, I;

Checked for updates; there were none.

Turned off relive mode.

Reset the Sprocket.

Put in the Zink sheet.

Still printing with a pinkish hue and greenish background. 

HP Recommended

@lins51387

Thank you for responding,

It's great to have you back 😉

I understand your concern and it looks like the best thing for you as off now,

Is to either repair or replace the printer:

HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:  

* Open link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/

* Enter Product number or select to auto detect

* Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

* Scroll down and click on HP contact options - click on Get a Case & phone number.

They will be happy to assist you immediately. 

If the unit is under warranty repair services under the manufacturer's warranty will be free of charge.

If you would like to thank me for my efforts to help you, 

feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution".

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.