Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP Sprocket Photo Printer
iOS

I recently got the sprocket photo printer and set it up today. My photos are printing with a blue tint over them that is not in the original pictures, and this is causing them to look grainy. Is there a way to fix this? Or is it bad paper? I know they aren't going to turn out perfect, but I didn't expect this based on what I've seen other people print. Please help!

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @CJW2015,

Thanks for reaching out on HP Support Forums. I’d like to be of your assistance!

I understand that you are having print quality issues with your new HP Sprocket. I will certainly do my best to find you a solution!

Let's first try to update the printer firmware. On your mobile device, make sure it is connected to the Internet, and then open the HP Sprocket app. If there is a firmware update available, a firmware update screen displays. Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the update. Restart the Sprocket and then try printing.

If the issue still persists, go to http://hp.care/2ilvn9u and perform the steps mentioned under "What can I do to improve print quality?".

The last step is to completely reset the sprocket. On the printer, locate the reset button near the charging port, insert a straight pin into the reset button access point, and then press the reset button for 3 seconds to reset the printer.

Once done, reconnect the printer via Bluetooth and then try to print.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance.

Good luck 🙂

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
I’ve done all these steps and my photos are still a blue tint... is it from the blue test paper you’re required to enter through first?
HP Recommended

Hi,

Welcome to HP Consumer Support Forum. I am happy to assist you!

Please try the below mentioned Troubleshooting steps and let me know if this helps you resolving the issue.

First of all, To answer the question, Yes!! The blue paper is called as alignment sheet which needs to be placed for every stack you install in the printer. I would like to inform you that the alignment or calibration sheet is must to get the printer calibrated to the best quality mode. The alignment or calibration sheet should be placed for every stack (10 Pages). In case, if you dont have the alignment sheet, the alignment sheet will come with every set of papers you purchase. Please follow the below mentioned troubleshooting steps if the issue still persists

Step 1 : please make sure you have the alignment placed in the paper tray. So, that the printer would be calibrated to the best quality mode.

Step 2 : In Case, if the issue still persists, Please go the sprocket application on the mobile, Please click on the firware updates on the left pane. Please update the firmware.

Step 3 : Please turn off the printer and turn it back on.

Step 4 : Please place the alignment sheet one more time and then try printing.

We hope this helps you resolving the issue

Please contact 1-800-474-6836 for any assistance. We work 24*7.
Thank you for choosing HP. Have a wonderful day ahead.

Please click the "Thumbs Up", to say thanks for helping!
Also, please consider marking my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue.

I am an HP Employee.

Ricky
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended
Hi I’ve done all of these, have followed the same instructions over and over again but my photos continue to be tinted blue. I have even edited the photos so they’re brighter and more contrasted but still can’t get rid of the blue tint. I’ve ended up using nine sheets of photo paper trying to change it and have not been successful.
HP Recommended

@Allanahhc,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

Thank you for posting your query on this forum, it's a great place to find answers.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I am sending you a private message suggesting next course of action.

Please check your private message icon in the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.