Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Hp Sprocket

Why the photo quality so bad like photo below:
WIN_20181014_13_17_59_Pro.jpg

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@Kiansung,

Thanks for taking an interest in the Hp support forums and good day to you. I reviewed the post. I see that you are posting for the first time and it will be a pleasure to assist you. You are a valued Hp customer. Good description of the issue.

• Are you using compatible paper to print?
  • What is the operating system associated with the printer? 
  • Did you try multiple devices like an iPhone, computer or An android phone to print?

For now, try these steps:

Please try all the troubleshooting steps mentioned in this link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/product/hp-sprocket-photo-printer/12635221/document/c05660842 (HP Sprocket - Improving Print Quality)

• Step 1: Use genuine HP ZINK photo paper
  • Step 2: Charge the Sprocket
  • Step 3: Upgrade the Sprocket firmware
  • Step 4: Clean the Sprocket paper path rollers
  • Step 5: Other things to try

Also, uninstall and reinstall the sprocket app once again and try to print. This should fix the issue.

Good luck and keep me posted about the developments. If this helps, please mark this as Accepted Solution as it will help several others with the same issue and give the post a Kudos for my efforts to help. Thank you and have a great week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi David, I have tried all the steps provided before this. The issue sitill exist.Can you give more specific solution and why this will happen.I think many people also facing this issue and post in this forum, but all repiled is the same answer, Can you don't give me the standard solution which I can just read and copy HP wesite. 

Thanks

HP Recommended

@Kiansung,

Thanks for the quick response. It is great to have you back and your efforts are appreciated. If you've tried these steps and the issue still persists then the issue could be hardware related. The printer may need to be replaced.

I will send you a private message to assist you with the next course of action. Check your forum private message box in the upper right corner next to the bell icon. 

Thanks and have a great week ahead.

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Please advise what is the next..i haven't received the private message from your site..Thanks

HP Recommended

@Kiansung,

I read the post. I will send the private message again. Please check the envelope next to the bell notification icon in the upper right corner for the private message.

Thanks and have a blessed week ahead.

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I need help as well . Tried everything I could but to no avail . Please help .

HP Recommended

@bananamilk,

I read the reply. This could be a hardware issue with the printer. I request you to follow instructions from my earlier private post to get assistance in real time.

Thanks and have a blessed week ahead.

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi I have already done everything possible .

i redownded the app , reconnect the blutooth , checked the firmware(no new updates available ) , force restart , charged to more than 50% , used a new set of films and even used another device but nothing is working at all . 

When tried to print , the printer will have a very weird trembling sound and photos came out will be same as the guy that posted this thread . I tried touching the surface of the photo , it is not smooth like supposed to be , it is rough instead . Please assist as I have wasted almost 20 films just to try .. 

HP Recommended

@bananamilk,

I have reviewed the post. 

I will send you a private message to assist you with the next course of action. Check your forum private message box in the upper right corner next to the bell icon. 

Thanks and have a good day.

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.