Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
iOS

I am attempting to use my 12 month old HP Sprocket Photo Printer, and have tried to print off a few photos from my phone with the original ZINK paper the printer came with. All prints have very poor colour quality and have print lines all over them. 

I've noticed that there have been several people who've experienced similar issues and I've followed all the solutions posted by the HP team including the below which has resolved nothing:

1. Updating the firmware on my sprocket printer

2. Using the genuine HP ZINK Sticky-Backed Photo Paper

3. Cleaning the output rollers with the blue HP ZInk smartsheet from the same pack of photo paper currently in the printer

4. Allowing the printer a few minutes to cool down between print jobs

5. Properly storing the photo paper and avoiding contact with water

6. Using clean, wrinkle-free photo paper

7. Checking my photos to ensure that all images have a minimum resolution of 818 x 1258 pixels 

8. Resetting the printer itself

Please advise what other steps I should be taking or alternatively contact me so I can provide examples of the photos and come to a solution.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Mojaro94

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you with the print quality issues you are facing on the HP Sprocket.

I appreciate you trying the steps to resolve this issue. Have you tried resetting the sprocket?

Turn on the printer, locate the pin-hole near the charging port, insert a straight pin into the hole to press the reset button until the printer turns off. Restart the printer.

Locating the reset button

To factory reset the printer you need to hold the power button down for 7 seconds until LED flashes and then press the power button once to power off the device and then turn it back on.

Also, try updating the software on the iOS device. Try printing.

If the issue persists, I'm afraid it is a possible hardware issue. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.