Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
hp sprocket
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The sprocket's white light is blinking while my phone is sending firmware upgrade. It just stays like this for so long with no progress. My phone battery was at 90% when I started this upgrade. Waited till battery drop to 60% still not done?

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@Darrenn

Thank you for posting on HP Forums, 

Riddle_Decipher is at your service. 

As I understand there are issues with the HP Sprocket firmware upgrade,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

Did you check what the white blinking light represents?

Have you ensured the battery was charged to 50% when you initiated the firmware upgrade?

While you respond to that, here's what you need to do for a successful firmware upgrade:

Upgrade the printer firmware using the HP sprocket app. HP regularly releases printer updates.

1. Make sure the printer is charged 50% or more.

2. Make sure the printer is on and your mobile device is connected to the Internet.

3. On your mobile device, open the HP sprocket app.

4. Tap the Menu icon , and then tap sprocket.

5. Tap Printers, and then tap your printer in the list.

The printer information screen displays.

6. Look for a firmware upgrade.

• If a firmware upgrade displays, tap Get Firmware Upgrade, and then follow the on-screen prompts to complete the update.

• If a firmware upgrade option does not display, the printer firmware is up-to-date.

CLICK HERE FOR MORE STEPS AND INSTRUCTIONS.

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

Click here to visit your user guide for more details.

Let me know how that pans out

feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon,

followed by clicking on 'Accepted as Solution' as it would help the community gain more knowledge,

And Have a great day Ahead!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

If you have iOS 11.2 it won't work. So far no infromation as when the fix is going to be available and if it is even planned to fix this.

HP Recommended

I have the same issue... It does not do the firmware upgrade... NOR IT PRINTS with iOS 11.2. So now I have a useless product...

HP Recommended

I am in the same situation, it works from my ipad which is 11.1 ios but my phone is 11.2, wish they would let us know if it is going to be fixed because the pictures come out awesome and pretty fast too, sooo disapointed!!

HP Recommended
Ah..no wonder. So its the latest ios causing this issue. I tried on other phones and it worked fine. I thought my iphone 7+ bluetooth had problems.
HP Recommended

The fix for iOS 11.2 is now available, see the post here.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.