Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Sprocket 200
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Please anyone, can you help and provide the answer - is it possible (how?) to upgrade the Sprocket 200 FIRMWARE WHEN THE SPROCKET CANNOT BE CONNECTED TO THE APP (something is not working with Sprocket’s bluetooth connection and it is not discovered by phone and ipad when I try to search for BT devices - Sprocket does not appear on the list)? The answer suggesting to upgrade the firmware via the Sprocket App does not help because I can in no way connect my Sprocket to the app as Bluetooth seems not to work on my Sprocket. I don’t know if it is firmware or hardware issue. To understand that I would be looking into a way to upgrade the firmware via a PC. If that does not help I would assume I am facing a hardware issue with the BT and then I would need to bring my Sprocket to the repair shop representing HP.

I looked in all community discussions before and the only answers I found was suggestions to upgrade the firmware via the app, but it is not possible with my problem. Thus I repeat my question - is it possible to upgrade Sprocket firmware via a USB connection to a PC? Where to find firmware file(s)?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Find yourself closest repair centre and ask them for guidelines.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/service-center 

My profile on LinkedIn

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

The USB connection port on Sprocket is used for charging the battery. A firmware update can be done only through BT (if BT works).

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

@Valsimot, you are likely right. Although I managed to find some log files and a setup(?) file on my Sprocket by connecting it as a USB storage device to my PC. But I am not sure if that would make it possible to upgrade the firmware through a USB connection. If not - it looks that I am left with the only option - to bring my Sprocket to  warranty repair. Anyone can suggest what the procedure is? I have my Sprocket registered on HP and it the warranty is still valid till some time next year. I might have difficulty to find the purchase documents though, do I need them when bringing the Sprocket to warranty repair? Thanks!

HP Recommended

Find yourself closest repair centre and ask them for guidelines.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/service-center 

My profile on LinkedIn

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.