Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP Sprocket
iOS

I have been using the HP Sprocket for almost a year. After about 6 months I had printing issues so I was sent a replacement under warranty. That was in January of this year. The printer was working okay, until recently I updated the HP Sprocket app on my iphone.  With the new app "improvements", I have noticed that my printer is now printing repeats. It starts to "cool down" after the 4th image, then if it runs out of paper, then the queue doesn't update and it repeats the last image printed. The last batch of photos I needed to print had more than 6 sheets of duplicates because it was constantly cooling down, then printing multiples, then running out of paper.

The firmware does not need updating. I have tried to "forget" the device on bluetooth, and also uninstalled and reinstalled the app. I do not have issues with my iphone 8. The printer is always at more than 50% battery (I don't take it traveling often), and I always use the HP Sprocket paper. I also used a pin to reset the printer, but nothing changed. 

The printer I have is currently out of warranty, so I am stuck with this until it gets fixed, or until I run out of paper and buy another brand. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi! @springandfall, Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community!

I understand you have print quality issues on your sprocket printer.

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

Did you make any changes to your printer?

Have you tried printing from a different application? Does the issue persist?

Please share the IOS version on the smartphone to assist you better.

Try updating the IOS device to the latest version.

Clean app data on iPhone or iPad
Data stored by other apps can be cleaned out using the Usage option in settings. Follow these steps:

First, try uninstalling and reinstalling the sprocket app from your smartphone and check if it helps.

Tap Settings > General > Storage & iCloud Usage.
In the top section (Storage), tap Manage Storage.
Select the sprocket app.
Take a look at the entry for Documents & Data. If this is taking up more than 500MB, it's worth deleting and reinstalling the app to clear the space.
Tap Delete App, then head to the App Store to re-download it. This will be a clean install without all the data and documents.

If the issue still persists try resetting the printer and update the printer firmware.

1.    Reset the Sprocket unit by placing a push-pin or needle into the small hole on the rear of the unit.  (Reset instructions in the support doc HERE)
2.    Plug in the Sprocket unit with the provided micro-USB cable.  Connect to either a computer USB port or USB wall charger.
3.    Allow the Sprocket unit to charge for 10 minutes.  Note:  A call back may be required in these instances.
4.    Power on the Sprocket unit by pressing/holding the power button for 3 seconds.
5.    A white LED should illuminate on the rear of the unit if power up is successful.
6.    Remind the customer to charge their Sprocket for an additional 60-90 minutes to enable a full battery charge.

If the issue still persists try updating the sprocket firmware from the sprocket app and check if it helps.

Open Sprocket app go to menu-->Sprocket---> Printers; A blue firmware update link will be present if an update is available.

Let me know if this works!

Have a great day! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.