Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Hp sprocket
iOS
My photo shows fine in app but when I print it, it cuts off part of the left side
3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@ Kellykago

Welcome to HP Support Forums. 🙂 I came across your post and would like to help.

I understand that you have an HP Sprocket Photo Printer and the photo appears fine in the app but prints with part of the left side cut off. 

Please ensure that you use the supported paper size only. The printer supports 7.6 x 5 cm (3 x 2 in) HP sprocket photo paper. 

When non-HP sprocket photo paper is used during a print job, the printer stops feeding pages, ejects the non-Smartsheet®, and an Incorrect Paper Type. Use only HP branded ZINK paper. If using the correct paper, try printing again. message displays on the HP Sprocket app. The Status Indicator light blinks and turns red. Make sure to load genuine HP sprocket photo paper, and then turn the printer off and then on. The ZINK® makes custom photo paper for a variety of printers, such as Polaroid, LG, and HP. HP recommends using HP sprocket photo paper for best results. To purchase genuine HP sprocket photo paper, go to the HP Sprocket homepage. You can also purchase genuine HP sprocket photo paper from other retailers.

Also, this HP document will provide assistance in printing photos via your HP sprocket printer.

I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. Keep me posted. Cheers! 🙂

HP Recommended
Yes I am using the correct paper. The picture is a screen print. Does that make a difference? I don't want to try again and waste more photos.
HP Recommended

@Kellykago

Glad to have you back. 

I suggest you to print something else other than the screen print. Try printing a picture. 

If the issue persists then please perform the following steps:

• Turn on the printer.

• Locate the reset button near the charging port.

Figure : Locating the reset button

Locating the reset button
  • Gently insert the straight pin into the reset button access point, and then press the reset button for 3 seconds.

The printer resets and turns off.

• Turn on the printer.

Upgrade the printer firmware using the HP Sprocket app. HP regularly releases printer updates.

• Make sure the printer is charged 50% or more.

• Make sure the printer is on and your mobile device is connected to the Internet.

• On your mobile device, open the HP Sprocket app.

• Tap the Menu icon , and then tap sprocket.

• Tap Printers, and then tap your printer in the list.

The printer information screen displays.

• Look for a firmware upgrade.

• If a firmware upgrade displays, tap Get Firmware Upgrade, and then follow the on-screen prompts to complete the update.

• If a firmware upgrade option does not display, the printer firmware is up-to-date.

All the best! Let me know how this pans out. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.