Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

@peytonbrennan, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Reset the sprocket

1. Turn on the Sprocket.

2. Remove the paper cover by sliding it away from the output slot, and then set it aside.

1. Slide the paper cover

2. Remove the paper cover

3. Locate the Reset button.

Locating the reset button

4. Gently insert a straight pin into the reset button access point, and then press the Reset button for 3 seconds.

The Sprocket resets and turns off.

5. Turn on the Sprocket. Try printing.

Also, check if there is any firmware update available for the sprocket from the sprocket app.

For more info on the error 'Top Cover Open', refer to this document.

Let me know how this goes.

If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I bought the sprocket for christmas but im also getting the same error.

Its a brand new item.

What can i do next.

HP Recommended

@Tim0thy, that's unfortunate.

Have you tried the troubleshooting steps mentioned in my previous post?

What model HP sprocket are you using?

Keep me posted.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I've followed the steps but they didn't work.

Where can i find the model of the sprocket?

HP Recommended

@Tim0thy

You may refer to this document to know the model of your sprocket or refer to this document to know how to find the Product Name or Product Number.

If the issue persists, please contact our HP Support team for Service Options as it could be a possible hardware issue:

1) Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2) Select your product type below.

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Select the appropriate option based on your preference.

6) Fill the web-form and proceed further.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.