Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

I just purchased sprocket last night and since then it didn’t work. When I plug in the charger the light flashes red and green rapidly. It only stops blinking if I turn it on but it has to stay charging if I try to print something it dies right away and says I need to charge it longer first. But it won’t hold a charge it stays blinking red and green forever I kept it plugged in for 8-10 hours too. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Darion_N

Greetings!

Welcome to the HP Support Community. This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips to your technical queries. I have reviewed your post and I understand, the printer is not powering on.

Don't worry, I'm here to help! To better assist you - What's the exact model name of the Sprocket Printer? Refer to this link for steps to find the product details. (Ensure not to share the serial number, email, phone number, etc.)

Let's try these steps -

1) Turn on the printer.
2) Locate the Reset button near the charging port.

Locating the reset button

3) Gently insert the straight pin into the reset button access point, and then press the Reset button for 3 seconds.
The printer resets and turns off.
4) Turn on the printer.

Hope this helps!

Let me know how that goes. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day!

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

No like I said the reset button doesn’t do anything. There’s a reason SO MANY people have the same issue if you just google the symptoms either this item or the company is trash. Returned it and got a Polaroid Zip for $20 cheaper and it has zero issues 😂 sorry hp trash 

HP Recommended

I was purchased "HP sprocket 200 (sptocket 2nd)" and little dificult printer power on.

Power button pressed to same surface printer body but not power on,

This is not completly pressed power button.

more deep pressed power button about 2sec then power on printer.

I have a Polaroid ZIP printer but this is lesser print quality than HP sprocket printer.

about Polaroid ZIP is low resolution at image processing then more dotty quality I think.

If you don't like hp sprocket and replace other vendors printer then I was recommend Canon IVY Mini Photo Printer.

(I have a Japan model at called Canon iNSPiC printer.)

This printer is quality is good and nealy HP spcorke I think.

but best portable photo printer of use ZINK paper models is HP sprocket I think.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.