Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
ENVY 4500 All-in-One
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My ENVY 4500  Printer has stopped printing from the Web. Have gone through help doctor etc comes back OK. Have Deleted printer and re-loaded from the disk still the same. will print from computer Docs and Test Pages but not from Web. Any help please.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Wilbur2,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community! I came across your post and wanted to assist you. I see from the post that you have an HP Envy 4500 printer and you haven an issue printing from webpage. However, it works fine printing from computer, document and test pages. Don't worry as I have a few suggestions which should help you resolve this issue.

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

What browser are you using? Internet explorer, Firefox, Chrome

Have you tried to reset the browser settings?

Have you checked if the right printer is selected before printing?

In the meantime, let's try these steps here:

If you are using Internet Explorer, please go into the Tools menu at the top of the page and disable POP-UP Blockers.  This will usually resolve the issue.  If by chance it does not resolve the issue, I suggest you try another browser such as Mozilla Fire fox or Google Chrome.

Next thing, I would suggest here choose the right printer before setting to print. On the Internet explorer - Click on File - From the drop down - Click on Print - On the General Tab - under Select Printer - Right click on the name of the printer and make that printer as Set as Default Printer. click on Apply and OK.

If you are trying to print from the internet via Google chrome. When you select “Print” option you see a screen which says “Save”. +

This is because the “Destination” is selected as “Save as PDF” instead of your Officejet printer.

To change this, click on “Change” under “Destination” option and select the name of the printer to print.

I hope this information helps. Let me know how it goes for further assistance.

Eagerly waiting for your response!

I hope you have a good day ahead,

And Feel free to ask your queries as this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @Wilbur2,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community! I came across your post and wanted to assist you. I see from the post that you have an HP Envy 4500 printer and you haven an issue printing from webpage. However, it works fine printing from computer, document and test pages. Don't worry as I have a few suggestions which should help you resolve this issue.

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

What browser are you using? Internet explorer, Firefox, Chrome

Have you tried to reset the browser settings?

Have you checked if the right printer is selected before printing?

In the meantime, let's try these steps here:

If you are using Internet Explorer, please go into the Tools menu at the top of the page and disable POP-UP Blockers.  This will usually resolve the issue.  If by chance it does not resolve the issue, I suggest you try another browser such as Mozilla Fire fox or Google Chrome.

Next thing, I would suggest here choose the right printer before setting to print. On the Internet explorer - Click on File - From the drop down - Click on Print - On the General Tab - under Select Printer - Right click on the name of the printer and make that printer as Set as Default Printer. click on Apply and OK.

If you are trying to print from the internet via Google chrome. When you select “Print” option you see a screen which says “Save”. +

This is because the “Destination” is selected as “Save as PDF” instead of your Officejet printer.

To change this, click on “Change” under “Destination” option and select the name of the printer to print.

I hope this information helps. Let me know how it goes for further assistance.

Eagerly waiting for your response!

I hope you have a good day ahead,

And Feel free to ask your queries as this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you Jeet Singh, one of your colleagues gave me similar advice, I am using Chrome and and my printer had changed to PDF I have reset and all appears to be working well again. Thank you both.

Wilbur2 

HP Recommended

Hi @Wilbur2,

Thank you for the update,
I appreciate your time and efforts, 

I'm glad I could contribute towards resolving the issue and finding the solution you were looking for.
Thanks for taking the time to let the community know about the solution

You've been great to work with and it has been a genuine pleasure interacting with you.
I hope both you and your product works great and remain healthy for a long time 😉 

To simply say thanks for my efforts to assist you, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos.
And mark my post as Accepted Solution to help others find a similar solution as you have.

Take care now and do have a fabulous week ahead. 🙂

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Jeet Singh, I have replied twice to your answer however it appears it did not get to you? Your solution was spot on, my printer had switched to PDF for some unknown reason, I changed it back to ENVY 4500 and all is working well again. Thank you for your quick response.

Wilbur2

HP Recommended

Hi @Wilbur2,

I'm glad to hear from you, If you need any assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out to us again.

I'll be more than happy to help.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.