Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Sprocket Photo Printer
iOS

I have had this printer for about 2 years now and have never had any problems. I just went to print photos yesterday and tried again this morning and I just got the printer to connect to bluetooth after “forgetting” my AirPods. I cannot get the app to recognize my printer. It says it “keeps searching” or to “forget device in bluetooth” and I have done that already. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @KarliD1107

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you. Let us try these steps to connect the sprocket to your iOS device:

Reset the sprocket

You can initiate a factory reset by using the steps below. 

A factory reset can only be completed when the USB charging cable is NOT connected to the printer.

1. Hold the power button for about 7 seconds in total. After 3 seconds, the Status LED light will turn off to indicate the printer is shutting down; continue to hold the Power button until the LED lights start to flash.

2. Release the power button. The LEDs will continue blinking for about 6 seconds.

3. While the LEDs are blinking, press and release the power button. The device will remain off until you power on again.

4. Power on; the printer will be reset to factoring settings. After a factory reset, all settings are reset to factory defaults (Custom Name, LED color, Sleep Time, Auto-Off, etc.)

Connect the iOS device to the sprocket

1. Press and hold the Power Button for 3 seconds to turn on the printer. The LED will flash white as the printer powers on and remain solid white once fully powered on.

2. Open iPhone® Settings and select Bluetooth. Turn Bluetooth on and then select the printer from the listed devices.

3. Next, launch the sprocket app. See “Installing Mobile App” for more information.

• A reminder message will appear if you try to print a photo and are not paired with your HP printer.

• If your mobile device and printer will not pair, try resetting the printer. For instructions, see FAQ “How do I reset my printer?”

• Only one iOS device can pair with the printer at a time. To share the printer, turn off Bluetooth and allow someone else to pair.

Previously paired Bluetooth accessories such as Apple AirPods might interfere with the initial discovery of the Sprocket. Unpair the accessory from the Bluetooth menu of your device before initial pairing with your Sprocket. The accessory can then be paired again after the Sprocket is connected.

1. On your mobile device, open the HP sprocket app.

2. Tap the Menu icon , tap sprocket, and then tap Manage Printers.

A list of available Sprockets displays.

• If your Sprocket displays: The Sprocket is connected.

• If your Sprocket does not display: Tap Add New Printer, and then tap the name of your Sprocket.

For more info on resolving connectivity issues, kindly refer to this document.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have tried all of these already as I found this information online. That’s why I decided to reach out through the app. I have no idea what step to take next since the solutions listed don’t work for me. I even “forgot” my airpods and tried but nothing. But I appreciate the effort. If there is anything else i could do please let me know. 

HP Recommended

@KarliD1107, that's unfortunate.

If the issue persists, please reach out to the HP Support in your region regarding the service options for your printer. 

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.