Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

I don't know if I am on the correct board.

HP Smart shows my old printer (Photosmart C4700) which I no longer have. If I click Add Printer, it is not found so I have to click "Set up a new printer".  My new printer  (HP Envy 5000) is found and is in HP Smart and it shows ink levels, etc. But when I close HP Smart and re-open it only the old printer is showing.
The new printer is connected to my network and prints fine.

This has only happened since I had Sky Q installed. It is on a new network than the one which the Photosmart was on and I connected my Envy  500 to the new network.

Has anyone got any ideas as to why this is occurring?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Gionese Greetings from the HP Community!

I believe reinstalling HP Smart should resolve the problem.

Type HP Smart into the search bar, right-click it and select Uninstall.

Click Uninstall and allow a minute or two, the app will no longer appear.

Open the Microsoft Store app and search for HP, then reinstall HP Smart.

Now, open HP Smart and follow the steps to add the existing printer only.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.