Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
iOS

NOTE: I am using an IPhone SE and i am on iOS 11 I updated this phone to iOS 11 in about september. I last used the sprocket with no problem in august.

So I have been trying to print this photo using my HP Sprocket, but for some reason, each time I try to print this photo, I get an alert saying “out of photo paper” and that I must reload. The problem is, is that it already has about 6 or 7 sheets already loaded. A few of months ago I used the first 3 or so sheets of the pack and there was no problem whatsoever with printing, but now it wont print. I have looked around on the internet for possible reasons and I realised that I threw away my blue smartsheet after I first used it for this pack of photopaper. Is that the reason why it wont recognise that there is paper? If so, what happens to the 6 or 7 sheets left in the sprocket? Are they wasted? Or is there a solution to this. How do I get my sprocket to use the rest of the pack of zinc paper???

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

If the paper has been in the printer for some time it may curl due to humidity.  I would suggest the following:  remove the paper from the printer and lay it on a flat surface.  If the paper does not lie flat take note of which way the paper is curled and gently roll the paper in the opposite direction until it will lay flat.  Load the paper back in the printer and try again.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

If the paper has been in the printer for some time it may curl due to humidity.  I would suggest the following:  remove the paper from the printer and lay it on a flat surface.  If the paper does not lie flat take note of which way the paper is curled and gently roll the paper in the opposite direction until it will lay flat.  Load the paper back in the printer and try again.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

Thank you so much!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.