Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

I just bought a sprocket. Put it on electricity. Put in the blue paper and a white one, send a picture and it comes out yellow, sort of sepia colour. The next one too. I don't want to try all the papers. So my question is: what do I do wrong? 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended
Hi Susan 47,
You aren’t doing anything wrong 🙂
The same thing happened to me. I spent 40 mins online live chatting with HP support only to have them exchange my unit for a refurbished one. (which after 5 prints is working fine so far)

I highly recommend phoning the support line to talk to a real person. This will save you a lot of time.
They will ask you to go through all of the troubleshooting steps outlined in the FAQ documentation (even after you tell them that you tried all of the steps without success)
They’ll do this because they are required to “check the boxes” on their list in front of them, to prove that they asked you and so they don’t get fired.
Some of these steps waste your paper, but if you exchange for a new unit, it comes with 10 new sheets. (At least mine did)

Good luck and *please* post your eventual resolution. We will all learn from it! Thanks!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.