Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Sprocket Photo Printer 2200
I wondered if anyone could help me resolve an issue that I have recently got with my sprocket printer? I was using my photo printer and it was working fine but now when I print my photos I get a pinkish/black line running down the centre of my photo. I put a new pack of 10 HP Zink photo paper in and calibrated it with the blue card but the line is still appearing on my photos. Does anyone know why this is, and how I can resolve this? I have had this product less than a year, so I would like to fix the problem as soon as possible. Many thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @Jwhite8

Thanks for the reply!

I understand that you are having difficulty finding the number for HP phone support. Please let me know which country are you from. I will try and get the contact information for you.

I will watch for your reply.

Thank you & have a great day 🙂

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hello, @Jwhite8 – Hope you are well 🙂

Thanks for reaching out on HP Support Forums. I’d like to be of your assistance!

I understand that you are having print quality issues with your new HP Sprocket. I will certainly do my best to find you a solution.

Let's first try to reset the printer to get it working properly. On the printer, locate the reset button near the charging port, insert a straight pin into the reset button access point, and then press the reset button for 3 seconds to reset the printer.

Once done, reconnect the printer via Bluetooth.

If the issue still persists, go to http://hp.care/2ilvn9u and perform the steps mentioned under "What can I do to improve print quality?".

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance.

Good luck 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended
Hello, thank you for your reply and in assisting me with my issue. I have tried both of the options that you have mentioned (reset & follow steps on improving print quality) but unfortunately none of these have solved my issue of getting a line down the centre of my photos. I always use HP zinc photo paper so I know it's not the paper. Do you know what else could be causing the pinkish/black line on my prints? Many thanks
HP Recommended

Hello, @Jwhite8

Thanks for the update & appreciate your efforts 🙂

To isolate the issue further, could you try and use your Sprocket with another Android or iOS device? This is to eliminate the possibility of any issues caused by the app or the pictures in your mobile device.

So try and pair with a different phone, then try to print from that device. Let me know how that goes!

Thanks, I'll watch for your reply!

Cheers 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended
Thank you for your reply. I have tried what you have advised and downloaded the app onto another iOS device and unfortunately I'm still getting the same issue with the line going down the centre of my prints. Is there anything else I can try? Many thanks
HP Recommended

Hello, @Jwhite8

Thanks for the reply!

It looks like an issue with the Sprocket hardware. I would suggest contacting the HP phone support to get further assistance or replacement of your Sprocket.

You can visit http://www.support.hp.com/contact-hp and fill in your product details to get the tech support number.

(1) Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.

(2) Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.

(3) Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.

(4) Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

If you have any troubles, let me know and I will do my best to help.

Have a great day 🙂

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended
Thank you for all your help and advice, I shall contact HP phone support and go from there. Thank you again!
HP Recommended
Hello, I just wanted to ask how to get my case number and phone number for hp phone support? I've followed the steps you have advised but I'm not getting any other options for support other than for this forum. Many thanks
HP Recommended

Hello @Jwhite8

Thanks for the reply!

I understand that you are having difficulty finding the number for HP phone support. Please let me know which country are you from. I will try and get the contact information for you.

I will watch for your reply.

Thank you & have a great day 🙂

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended
Thank you for your swift reply. I am in the UK. Help to find the correct contact information would be very much appreciated. Many thanks.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.