Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP Sprocket
Android 6.0 Marshmallow

I just received my HP Sprocket printer and have only had a 50% success rate in terms of output color.  In summary:

Installed app and calibrated the printer with included blue paper.

Printed Photograph #1 - no color issues

Printed Photograph #2 (about 6 hours later) - drastic pink hue where whites should be

Reset printer and re-calibrated 3x with included blue paper

Printed Photograph #3 - no color issues

Printed Photograph #4 (about 5 minutes later) - same drastic pink hue

Note: All 4 photographs were different

I have the latest firmware for the Sprocket (1.1.3)

I'm using Samsung Galaxy S6 edge with latest update to OS

I'm letting the printer cool down between prints

I'm using the HP provided zink paper

Please help - I am not very inclined to keep the printer at this point if I will need to re-calibrate prior to printing each photograph 😞 It's a lovely idea however it seems to have some kinks left to work out.

Thanks in advance!

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hey there! @melissa901

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues, with help from the community!

I understand you have issues printing images from your sprocket printer.

Don't worry I will try to help you out.

Are you using  HP ZINK Sticky-Backed Photo Paper?

Use these recommendations to help improve print quality.

Use genuine HP ZINK® Sticky-Backed Photo Paper. ZINK® makes custom photo paper for a variety of printers, such as Polaroid, LG, and HP. HP recommends using HP ZINK® Sticky-Backed Photo Paper for best results. To purchase genuine HP ZINK® Sticky-Backed Photo Paper, go to the HP Sprocket homepage. You can also purchase genuine HP ZINK® Sticky-Backed Photo Paper from other retailers.
Clean the output rollers with the blue HP ZINK® Smartsheet from the same pack of photo paper currently in the printer. Load the blue HP ZINK® Smartsheet into the input tray with the barcode facing down and the photo paper with the print side facing up, and then send a print job.
 NOTE:
Load photo paper with the Smartsheet to avoid an Out of Paper error message.
Allow the printer a few minutes to cool down between print jobs.
When the printer becomes too warm, a Cooling down... Sprocket needs to cool down before printing another job. Wait to send another photo. a message might display on the HP Sprocket app. Tap OK to clear the message.
Store the photo paper in a cool, dry place and avoid contact with water. If water spills on a photo, wipe it away as soon as possible to prevent damaging the photo.
Use clean, wrinkle-free photo paper. Avoid loading wrinkled or curled photo paper into the printer.
Make sure images have a minimum resolution of 818 x 1258 pixels per inch (PPI) for optimal print quality. Screen-captured images from your mobile device might not have sufficient resolution for optimal print quality. See your mobile device manufacturer for more information.

Refer this document to further troubleshoot issues with your sprocket printer.

Let me know how it goes!
Have a beautiful weekend ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi @ChaniV,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that you are unable to print properly from your HP Sprocket printer.

This issue could because of the paper type used.

Let's go through a few steps that may help to fix this issue. 

And here are a few steps for you in the link: Printing Photos

Let me know how this works.

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.