Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

Hi HP,

My sprocket will not print focused photos. EVERY.SINGLE. ONE. has turned out blurry or pixelated. There are lines running through the photos as well. I have tried every step you have suggested and nothing is working. I did so much research before buying this and I must say, It's absolutely not how it is portrayed online. I thought I was buying the best printer out there and this is very unfortunate. I have used all my paper trying to figure out how to get it to work. I'm not looking forward to spending more money just to have more failed attempts. Can anyone help me please? 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Kaitrose,

Thanks for reaching out on HP Support Forums. I’d like to be of your assistance!

I understand that you are having print quality issues with your new HP Sprocket. I will certainly do my best to find you a solution!

Let's first try to update the printer firmware. On your mobile device, make sure it is connected to the Internet, and then open the HP Sprocket app. If there is a firmware update available, a firmware update screen displays. Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the update. Restart the Sprocket and then try printing.

If the issue still persists, go to http://hp.care/2ilvn9u and perform the steps mentioned under "What can I do to improve print quality?".

The last step is to completely reset the sprocket. On the printer, locate the reset button near the charging port, insert a straight pin into the reset button access point, and then press the reset button for 3 seconds to reset the printer.

Once done, reconnect the printer via Bluetooth and then try to print.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance!

Eagerly waiting for your response!

I hope you have a good day ahead,

And Feel free to ask your queries as this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello,

Did you already try to disable "Embedded Experiences" under the app's Menu -> sprocket -> App Settings?

This option usually causes a bit of a decrease in the photo's quality.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.