Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Sprocket
Android 8.0 - 8.1 Oreo
Hi All!

First post as i may of figured out a fix/workaround for the terrible/pink/dull printing quality on the sprocket, but I was hoping others could help me with confirming my findings.

I like many others have suffered with the sprocket and was really disappointed, I've had a replacement sent to me and still I had the same problem... Either dark, pink or just generally rubbish quality from the very cool little printer.

So, my possible work around is pretty easy, I have only had a chance to print 4 pictures since finding my "fix" but all 4 came out with great quality and with great colour!

I wanted a picture printed out of my partner and me that was on her Instagram, so I took a screen shot of it. Then whilst in the sprocket app, I found the screen shot and just rotated and cropped it to fit then sent it to print. And that was it! Great colour and great quality!

Annoyingly I'm away working at the moment so I can't test this theory further, but im thinking if you were to screen shot the picture you want in your gallery / camera roll, maybe even if your phone is portrait and the picture is landscape to make it even smaller, does this improve the quality as it dosent have to scale down a 12mp image?

Just so you know, I have tried this on my Samsung Galaxy S8.

I really hope this helps some people and I'm really interested to hear some people's responses!

Cheers!
Chris
1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@crs_b

Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂

I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers.

As I understand, you were having a print quality issue,

That said, I would suggest you work on your theory, with alternate applications as in when, you get time for yourself and the
Since "somebody" or nobody has responded, I've taken the liberty of jumping into this conversation to help you out!
printer..

Meanwhile, also try these steps for improving print quality on your sprocket: https://hp.care/2wUrTid.

Hope this helps 🙂

Keep me posted 

Have a great day 🙂

Cheers 😉

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.