Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
iOS

I just got the sprocket 2 in 1 - but print quality is extremely poor. I have a lot of lines on the pictures - cannot see anything.

i tried already:

- using the colour barcode card to clean the device

- reset

- different phones to print out pictures

pixture quality remains very bad

please help

if you can

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @Ken77123

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you. I appreciate you performing the required troubleshooting steps. Let us also try these steps to resolve this issue:

Check if there are any updates available on your iOS device.

Upgrade the Sprocket firmware

HP regularly releases firmware updates. Upgrading the firmware might resolve the issue.

1. Make sure the Sprocket is on and your mobile device is connected to the Internet.

2. On your mobile device, open the HP sprocket app.

3. Tap the Menu icon , and then tap sprocket.

4. Tap Manage Printers, make sure your Sprocket is selected, and then tap Printer Settings.

5. Under the Status section, locate Battery.

• If the battery charge is 25% or higher, continue with these steps.

• If the battery charge is 24% or lower, charge the battery for at least 30 minutes, and then continue with these steps.

6. In Printer Settings, look for a firmware upgrade.

• If a firmware upgrade displays, tap Get Firmware Upgrade, and then follow the on-screen prompts to complete the update.

• If a firmware upgrade option does not display, the firmware is up-to-date.

Send a print job. If the print quality is still unacceptable, continue to the next step.

Clean the Sprocket paper path rollers

Dirt and debris on the paper path rollers can cause print quality issues. Use the colored Print Quality Card (formerly the Smartsheet) from the same pack of HP ZINK photo paper currently loaded in the Sprocket to clean the paper path rollers.

NOTE: 

To avoid print quality issues, do not use a colored card from a different pack of photo paper.

1. Remove the Paper Cover, and then remove any photo paper from the input tray.

2. Check the photo paper and remove any severely bent, wrinkled, or torn photo paper from the stack.

3. Reload the photo paper with the colored card on the bottom of the stack with the barcode facing down.

4. Replace the Paper Cover, and then wait while the Sprocket detects and cleans the paper path rollers with the colored card.

If the Sprocket does not automatically detect the colored card, send a print job to manually start the cleaning process.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

All my photos come out with blue tints over them and the colours are completely incorrect I’ve tried everything I could when looking up the issue, however I still haven’t had a positive result in my printing. The detail of my photos is awful compared to reviewS I’ve seen on the device and to what other people I know have been able to print from the device. I’ve wasted all of my starting paper just trying every setting to fix the issue but every time the pictures still print with terrible accuracy. 

HP Recommended

@Judge24, that's unfortunate. If you have tried the steps mentioned in my previous post and from this document, but the issue persists, please contact our HP Support team for Service Options as it could be a possible hardware issue:

1) Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2) Select your product type below.

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Select the appropriate option based on your preference.

6) Fill the web-form and proceed further.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Iv had this same issue, all of the prints are turning out very pink and not very good at all. 
I have tried everything suggested and am very concerned now. 

HP Recommended

@Chanelle, that's unfortunate. If you have tried the steps mentioned in the previous posts and the issue persists, please contact HP Support team for service options as mentioned in the previous post.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.