Baby-Angel
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Printer doesn't connect to smart lock on my phone

HP Recommended
HP Sprocket Photo Printer
Other
My phone states the printer must first be added as a trusted device via smart lock on my phone. Yet when I try to add it it says that the printer can't be added. It says I should make sure the printer is on and in close range, despite the fact that it is on and right next to my phone.
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
sandytechy20
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
26,865 26,738 1,467 1,540
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Baby-Angel

Welcome to the HP Forums, this is a great location to get assistance! I read your post and see that you are unable to connect the phone to HP Sprocket. I would like to help you resolve this issue.

Install the HP Sprocket app on your mobile device, and then pair your mobile device to the printer using a Bluetooth connection. The app is required to connect the printer and print photos from your mobile device.

1. Go to the HP Sprocket homepage, and then follow the on-screen instructions to download and install the app.

2. After the app installs, turn on the printer.

Figure : Turning on the printer

Turning on the printer
  3. On your mobile device, open the Bluetooth settings menu.

A list of nearby devices display.

4. Look for HP sprocket (xx:xx) in the list.

• If the printer displays in the list, tap it, and then continue to the next step.

• If the printer does not display in the list, tap Search or Scan, depending on your mobile device. When the printer displays, tap it, and then continue to the next step.

Figure : Example of HP sprocket in the devices list

Example of  HP sprocket in the devices list

Click here and refer the document for more assistance.

Let me know how it goes.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation