Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Sprocket
Other

when I bought the sprocket i was told that a full battery charge should allow it to print 50 or 60 pictures. Mine is not working this way. I fully charge the machine overnight and I turn it off whenever I am not using it, But it will only print fewer than 10 pictures on that charge before it gives me the message that I must plug it in to continue. How can I fix this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Kathy122

Thank you for responding,

It's great to have you back 😉

I understand your concern and you do have a good point, if the issue persists though you've completed all the suggested steps,

That said, please Contact HP to have the printer either repaired or replaced:

HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:  

* Open link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/

* Enter Product number or select to auto detect

* Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

* Scroll down and click on HP contact options - click on Get a Case & phone number.

They will be happy to assist you immediately. 

If the unit is under warranty repair services under the manufacturer's warranty will be free of charge.

If you would like to thank me for my efforts to help you, 

feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution".

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Kathy122

Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂 

I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers. 

As I understand there's a short battery life on the HP Sprocket printer,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

Did you attempt to change the power saving options?

While you respond to that, here's what you need to know about increasing the battery life on your printer:

There are several ways to make sure your battery lasts as long as possible. Use these recommendations to maximize battery life.

• Change how long the printer remains on: By default, the printer is set to turn off after 5 minutes. To change when the printer automatically turns off, open the HP sprocket app on your mobile device, and then tap the Menu icon  . Tap sprocket, and then tap Printers. Select your printer in the list, tap Auto Off, and then select when you want the printer to turn off.

• Charge the printer when you are not using it: Leave the printer plugged into a power source whenever you are not using it.

NOTE:

You can use the printer while it is charging.

• Charge the printer for more than 90 minutes. HP recommends you charge the printer up to 90 minutes or until the power light turns green. However, you can charge the printer for longer than 90 minutes, which might increase battery life.

• Use an external battery charger. Using an external battery charger allows you to charge the printer when the battery is low and you cannot access another power source. To purchase an external battery charger, go to HP Home & Home Office. You can also purchase external battery chargers from other retailers.

CLICK HERE FOR MORE STEPS AND INSTRUCTIONS.

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

In answer to your questions -- yes, I have the power-saving option on and I turn it off whenever I am not using it. I have been charging it much longer than 90 minutes at a time -- most recently I charged it overnight, for more than 8 hours.

I understand that I can use it while it is plugged in and that I could get an external battery source. But, I am assuming something is wrong with my printer because it is running down so quickly and it is brand new. I spoke to someone else who has a new one and she said that she didn't need to charge it for a month.  And the marketing for the product says that you should be able to print 50-60 pictures before recharging. Again, I charged mine overnight, have on power saving, turn it off whenever I am not using it -- and I was able to print fewer than 10 pictures over the course of a couple of days.

HP Recommended

@Kathy122

Thank you for responding,

It's great to have you back 😉

I understand your concern and you do have a good point, if the issue persists though you've completed all the suggested steps,

That said, please Contact HP to have the printer either repaired or replaced:

HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:  

* Open link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/

* Enter Product number or select to auto detect

* Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

* Scroll down and click on HP contact options - click on Get a Case & phone number.

They will be happy to assist you immediately. 

If the unit is under warranty repair services under the manufacturer's warranty will be free of charge.

If you would like to thank me for my efforts to help you, 

feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution".

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.