Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Sprocket 65:05
I updated my frameware on my sprocket and now it's asking for a smartsheet, I had loaded the paper into the cartridge a few weeks ago and I don't have the zinc sheet anymore; plus it had already scanned it previously. Now I cannot print and I'm unsure of what to do. Do I have to buy more paper and does this mean the paper that's already inside (about 6/7 sheets) will get wasted?
2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @Cskeete97,

Thanks for engaging in HP support Forums! This is a wonderful location to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips! I came across your post and want to assist you. I understand that you are having printing issues with your new HP Sprocket. I will certainly do my best to find you a solution!

The blue Smartsheet calibrates the printer to each specific pack of HP ZINK paper.  Additionally, it helps to remove any dust or debris from the paper path that may impact print quality. 

Overall, using the Smartsheet will ensure you're getting the best print quality out of your Sprocket printer. As you said, you're able to still print without loading it, but your print quality won't be tuned to the specific paper variances that can occur from pack to pack. 

If you don't have the Smartsheet available, I would suggest the next thing would be contact our HP phone support. 

HP Technical Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: http://h22207.www2.hp.com/us-en/?openCLC=true

(1) Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.

(2) Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.

(3) Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.

(4) Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get the phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

If you have any troubles, let me know and I will do my best to help!

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@Cskeete97 - 

You shouldn't need another smartsheet to continue printing the remaining sheets you have available.   You can acknowledge the message and continue printing.  Just load the blue smartsheet when you purchase your next package of paper.

Thanks!

***I am an HP employee***

The comments above represent myself and do not reflect the opinions of HP.

If my post solved your issue, please click "Accepted Solution" on the post . To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below! Thank you 🙂
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.