Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Samsung Galaxy Express 3 Phone
Android 6.0 - 6.0.1 Marshmallow

I got an HP Sprocket 200 bluetooth printer for Christmas to use with my Samsung Galaxy Express 3 phone. I downloaded the Sprocket App, I connected the bluetooth, I got on the app & set up the printer, but when I tried to connect to my phone I kept getting the error message that the Sprocket could not communicate with this device. We tried it with two other phones in the household, both iPhones, one a 6 and one a 6s. The owner's manual says "The sprocket app is supported by Android™ devices using OS v4.4 and above". Clearly it doesn't. How can I resolve this? 

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@cleverengineer

A warm welcome to HP Forums!This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips to your technical queries.

Removing the HP Sprocket entry from the Bluetooth paired devices and adding a new printer using HP Sprocket app may resolve the issue. Let's try these steps:

1.) On your phone, open Settings.

2.) Touch Bluetooth, below My devices, tap on the HP Sprocket device..

3.) Select Forget this Device, confirm by touching Forget Device.

4.) Turn off iPhone

5.) Reset HP Sprocket, refer to step 4 from this document.

6.) Turn on HP iPhone.

7.) Open the HP sprocket app.

8.) Tap the Menu icon , tap sprocket, and then tap Manage Printers.

9.) Tap Add New Printer, and then tap the name of your Sprocket

If issue persists, try upgrading sprocket firmware, refer to step 5 from this document.

Let me know how it goes!

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!
Have a great day!

Senan6806

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for your response. That was not helpful. I see that you continue to reference the HP iPhone. Does the Sprocket not work with Android phones? My phone is a Samsung Galaxy Express 3.

HP Recommended

@cleverengineer

It looks like you were interacting with @senan6806, but he is out for the day. I'm KrazyToad & I'm at your service. 

The Sprocket should work with Android phones using KitKat OS

I suggest you Reset the Sprocket and then set it up again using the HP Sprocket App from your Samsung Galaxy Express 3.

1. Make sure the printer is on.

2. Remove the paper cover.

Opening the paper cover

3. Locate the Reset button.

Locating the reset button

4. With a paperclip or pin, press and hold the Reset button until the Charging Indicator light turns off.

The printer resets and turns off.

5. Replace the paper cover, and then turn on the printer.

Also check for any Sprocket Firmware updates

1. Make sure the Sprocket is on and your mobile device is connected to the Internet.

2. On your mobile device, open the HP sprocket app.

3. Tap the Menu icon , and then tap sprocket.

4. Tap Manage Printers, make sure your Sprocket is selected, and then tap Printer Settings.

5. Look for a firmware upgrade.

• If a firmware upgrade displays, tap Get Firmware Upgrade, and then follow the on-screen prompts to complete the update.

• If a firmware upgrade option does not display, the firmware is up-to-date.

Keep me posted how it goes

Thank you and have a wonderful day 😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Okay. We tried this again. Let me begin by saying the phone's operating system is Android 6.0.1, which we believe is the Marshmallow operating system. We pressed the reset button until the power light goes off and then the printer immediately resets and turns back on. The Sprocket will not pair with the phone via bluetooth. We continue to get the error message that the phone cannot communicate with the device. What else can we try?

HP Recommended

@cleverengineer

Thanks for keeping me posted

This seems to be a Hardware issue with the Sprocket

I have sent you a private message with the next course of action

Please check your private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile.

Next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope

Thank you

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 8, and cannot get it to recognise my new Sprocket 200, either via Bluetooth settings or through the HP Sprocket app.  I've tried EVERYTHING (including all suggestions above).  I've never had trouble connecting other devices before, is this a HP design fault?????

HP Recommended

May I have this secret solution too please?  I am going CRAZY not being able to solve this communication problem!!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.