Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Sprocket 200
Android 9.0 Pie

I have a sprocket 200 limited edition that was purchased in December 2018 as a Christmas present. It was never used and only taken out of the box this Christmas day.  This is what happened:

Loaded paper

Placed on charge for 4 hours. Red light on.

Downloaded app

Connected via Bluetooth

Managed to print 2 photos then it stopped

Although the red light is on when charging it never goes green. If I unplug the charges the red light goes out but pressing the power button does not switch the printer on. It just seems dead. I am unable to do a reset as it will not power on. I have removed and reinstalled the app but now Bluetooth can't find it. There seems to be a lot about this issue back in early 2018 and I was wondering he someone could advise he there is anything I can try myself. He not cleared can someone advise where it would need to go to be repaired. I live in Exeter UK.

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@KevinMcclaughli, Welcome to HP Support Community!

If you have already performed the steps from the document Sprocket Does Not Connect or Print and the issue persists, it could be a hardware failure.

Please reach out to the HP Support in your region regarding the service options for your printer.

Hope this helps!

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi again

So, I paid my seventeen sounds for the support package.

Got emailed a receipt and a reference number.

Called the number and spoke to a young lady when concluded quite quickly that they could not help as is was a hardware issue.

I asked where I could send it to be repaired and she said it is not an option.

I asked were it would be repaired he it was under warranty and she said it wouldn't, they would replace it.

I asked if, as it was only 1 month out of warranty, I could have some goodwill and that I was happy to say something again towards a replacement. I was told there was nothing available to help me.

So from my end as a consumer I have done everything right including paying to talk to someone on the phone. It is fair to say that the fault was on the sprocket when I purchased it due to the amount of call logs on this site and others with exactly the same issues around that time.  I feel that HP have some obligation to help in at least some way. After all it has failed after an unreasonable amount of time. When purchased it would be expected to last more than 13 months. It would be fair to assume that the fault is a known issue and existed at the time of purchase. Why am I left feeling I have nowhere to go?

Come on HP.

Look at the facts and come to the party please.

HP Recommended

Hi @KevinMcclaughli

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community. 

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.