Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP Sprocket 100

I have tried everything that has been recommended and am still having the same issue. I run my app through my iPhone 8 Plus. Can anyone tell me what is happening or how HP can fix this. I’m so disgusted that I want to go to Costco and tell them not to carry this product anymore.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@Boisestatemom

I have gone through your Post and I understand your concerns

Please ensure the Sprocket has the latest Firmware

Make sure your mobile device is connected to the Internet and then open the HP Sprocket app. If there is a firmware update available, a firmware update screen displays. Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the update. Your printer must be charged to 50% or higher before a firmware update.

If the issue persist try resetting the Sprocket

On the printer, locate the pin-hole near the charging port, insert a straight pin into the hole to press the reset button until the printer turns off. Restart the printer

Keep me posted how it goes

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello,

I am having the same problem. I bought mine a while ago and never used it. Yesterday, I tried charging it... but it never charges (stays red; sometimes blinking red and green). I can't turn the device on (unless it's for two seconds of white light). I tried resetting the device, but to no avail. The reset button is pressed for longer than three seconds, but device would not reset. I even tried different outlets and my external battery. The service center I called today said they do not service HP Sprocket. Since I never used it, I can't even ensure if the malware is current/updated. Any help in the right direction would be appreciated. 

Kind regards.

HP Recommended

@Boisestatemom

If the Sprocket is under warranty it will be replaced with another one.

Did you contact HP Phone Support to check on the Service Options?

Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/ and select your Country to get the Contact details for HP Support

Thank you

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Please provide me with an actual phone number to call. Your link to check the warranty does not recognize my numbers. Not sure if it’s because of the zeroes versus o’s

HP Recommended

Hi @Boisestatemom

I have sent you a private message with the contact details. 

Thanks! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello,

I have already gone through the steps mentioned in your reply.

1. The device does not charge; I have kept in plugged in for charge and it either remains red or blinks red and green.

2. The reset pin-hole does nothing when being pushed; I can feel the button inside being pushed, but the phone does not react to this pressure.

3. Since I can neither reset it nor charge it, I can not turn the device on; while charging, my attempts to turn on the device leads to a white light for one or two seconds - not enough time for the app to search for my device.

I bought this device years ago with plans to use it on travel, but never had the opportunity to do so. So it remained in the box untouched until I had a need to print a photo for a DIY (holiday gifts). It was to my disappointment that I cannot charge/turn on/reset/service this device. I have combed through the advice provided online and in the community before reaching out in hopes that a live representative can offer assistance versus the virtual agent with its automated answers (which btw was unhelpful).

Please assist.

Kind regards,

SPHK

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.