Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Sprocket

I didn't realize my battery was about to die when I clicked OK to update the firmware.

The Sprocket died during the update.

I rechared the battery to 100% and turned it back on.

My Sprocket app said the firmware installation was complete.

Now, all of my pictures have a yellowish or pinkish tint.

HP Sprocket firmware: 1.1.7

HW Version: 5

Battery:  93%

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

I also tried resetting the printer with a paper clip. The problem persists.

I removed and reinstalled the Sprocket app on my smartphone. The problem persists.

HP Recommended

@MikePMP

Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂 I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers. 

HP regularly releases firmware updates. Upgrading the firmware might resolve the issue.

1. Make sure the Sprocket is on and your mobile device is connected to the Internet.

2. On your mobile device, open the HP sprocket app.

3. Tap the Menu icon , and then tap sprocket.

4. Tap Manage Printers, make sure your Sprocket is selected, and then tap Printer Settings.

5. Under the Status section, locate Battery.

• If the battery charge is 25% or higher, continue with these steps.

• If the battery charge is 24% or lower, charge the battery for at least 30 minutes, and then continue with these steps.

6. In Printer Settings, look for a firmware upgrade.

• If a firmware upgrade displays, tap Get Firmware Upgrade, and then follow the on-screen prompts to complete the update.

• If a firmware upgrade option does not display, the firmware is up-to-date.

Send a print job. If the print quality is still unacceptable, please perform the remaining steps from this document: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c05660842

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Your troubleshooting steps are clear, but they did not solve the problem. My Sprocket printed great pictures until I tried to install the latest firmware update, version 1.1.7.  I did not know the battery was too low. The Sprocket died in the middle of the firmware upgrade. For the last three inquiries, I've been asking how to reinstall firmware version 1.1.7.  The answers I receive are generic. Allow me to ask once more:   is  it  possible  to  reinstall  the  existing  firmware  version   1.1.7? 

HP Recommended

@MikePMP

I understand. For the next course of action, I have sent you a private message, for more details that cannot be shared in a public post.

Thanks

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

My Sprocket mangled the upgrade to Firmware version 1.1.7.  HP has no way to reinstall version 1.1.7. My Sprocket is out of warranty, so an exchange is not possible. The solution  you offered is to buy a new Sprocket. 

Before I buy a new Sprocket, I will wait for the next firmware upgrade. A new firmware version, writing over the old firmware version, just might solve the problem. This time, I will charge my Sprocket to 100 percent before I attempt a firmware upgrade.

HP Recommended

@MikePMP

Sure 🙂 Please let us know if you face any issues then.

Thanks!

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.