Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Sprocket 200
Android 8.0 Oreo and older

Hi there!

Using android 8.0.0.0

I have my sprocket for a couple of days right now. And it printed just fine. The lights flickered all different colors (I read that meant it was doing a firmware update). And afterwards the light turned purple again (the colour I use when printing). When I sent a photo for it to print it just puts it in queue and doesn't want to print it. When I go to the 'manage printer' option it says that my sprocket needs to be at leas 25% charged to do the firmware update and afterwards go to 'sprocket' in the menu. 

Well, my sprocket was charged 80% to begin with and in my menu I can't seem to find the 'sprocket'. I did go to manage printers and opened it a couple of times, but it kept giving me the same pop-up. 

When I completely shut down the sprocket I could print a couple of photos again. After that it showed all the different colours again, indicating that the sprocket was doing a firmware update.. but the same happened afterwards. 

What can I do for this to be fixed? Am I missing something to do? Is there something I need to click on? 

Thanks in advance. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@lovewido Due to the current global COVID-19 situation, we're seeing an influx of customers coming in for support and we appreciate your patience.

That said, I suggest you check my private message for steps on performing a full reset, the instructions are designed for your specific printer and if anyone with a different model would try the steps, it may render the printer unstable, hence a private message would be the safest way of sharing this information: 

Click here to access the private message function.

Stand by for updates!

And have a good day.

Welcome to the HP Community!

(P.S: If anyone wants these instructions for their specific printers, please create a public post and tag me, I'll be happy to help).

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.