Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Sprocket 2 n 1 printer
6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi @Glimmer,

Welcome to HP Support Community,

Have you attempted to reset the printer and try again?

If not, here's what you need to do:

If the Sprocket does not print when you send a print job or turn on when you press the power button, reset the Sprocket with a straight pin to clear any errors.

1. Turn on the Sprocket.

2. Remove the paper cover by sliding it away from the output slot, and then set it aside.

1. Slide the paper cover

2. Remove the paper cover

3. Locate the reset button.

4. Gently insert a straight pin into the reset button access point, and then press the reset button for 3 seconds.

The Sprocket resets and turns off.

5. Turn on the Sprocket.

Also, upgrade the sprocket firmware if the issue persists:

Upgrade the Sprocket firmware using the HP sprocket app. HP regularly releases firmware updates.

1. Make sure the Sprocket is charged 50% or more.

2. Make sure the Sprocket is on and your mobile device is connected to the Internet.

3. On your mobile device, open the HP sprocket app.

4. Tap the Menu icon, and then tap the sprocket .

5. Tap Printers , and then tap your sprocket in the list.

The Sprocket information screen displays.

6. Look for a firmware upgrade.

• If a firmware upgrade displays , tap Get Firmware Upgrade , and then follow the on-screen prompts to complete the update.

• If a firmware upgrade option does not display , the Sprocket firmware is up-to-date.

Click here for Instructions

Let me know how it goes!

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

1. I took off cover

2. Did the paper tray

3. Reset

4. Now it is not charging i have red.flashing lite

5. I asked.for help here

6. Redid all the above

7. Checked for update

8. Became very frustrated because it is still not charging its been used a few times and is a peice of garbage.ecause i got a lemon here.. seriously. Brand new and it do no t work. Also no update is available. Now i try to uninstall app and do all over again for 3rd.time. i am ery unhappy.  Now i have to order stickers for my products and have to pay extra for speedy shipping and bought many packs of zinc paper which cannot work because machine is a lemon or your app stinks.  Please change my mind and help me out. Read message thorpughly. As i stated i did alleverobe else did. Ty

HP Recommended

I need help now... hp needs to speed up their customer service.  Sprocket not working i use to label my product now you cost ne more money. I am returning this peice of garbage.   Am livid over this i just ordered 100 zinc papers and cannot return because i opened it.  I got this as a gift. I make my mom return and now will cost more money to replace. I wait for hp chat never comes up. Shame on hp!  Now i am out money for paper, my time for my business now have to order 100 labels for my product and cost me extra to speed it up for my craft show.  I want someone to call me to fix this major problem. I did all i was told. And  because it is not charging battery is dead. I cannot trouble shoot. I will never buy another hp product again.  You lost a good customer over this. I buy laptop from another company and printer too. I hope noone buys sprocket it is garbage...

HP Recommended

@Glimmer,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I sent pix to him. I cant even reorder a new one. This is clearly a lemon. I cant trouble shoot that it is not charging.  I am not happy!

HP Recommended

I sent email sent pix and i am sorry you guys at hp really need to work on your communication.  I sent all info and nothing was done. Its been days. I use this for my business and i have decided to never buy anoth hp product as  your support is way to slow and repetitive.  Same info given over and over again with zero help!  When my return label comes in 2 days i will return the sprocket get a refund and leave nagative feedback on your sprocket as i see many others having same problem and get same generic response, when clearly your product stinks and has issues.  I bought 2 100 packs of paper that i cannot return as i opened them.  Thinking it might have been the blue card  so i am out of that money because i cannot return it and getting my labels printed. Costing me more money.  So my opinion of hp products and service is horrible. It shouldnt take a week to get this issue fixed...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.