Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
iOS

I have an early generation Sprocket that we haven't used in a while. I've updated the app on my iOS device and it's taking me through setup. I can connect the printer to my phone in Settings>Bluetooth, but in the app, it won't locate the Sprocket and just churns on the "we can't locate a nearby Sprocket" message. I've tried all avenues, resetting phone, resetting app, forgetting the device, then resetting the Sprocket and starting over...nothing works. Is it just too old? That kind of sucks because we ordered a bunch of printer paper for it.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Hunnerwoof

I appreciate all your efforts and expertise in troubleshooting this issue.

I see that you have already reset your Phone and the Printer as well but the issue persists.

May I know the iOS version on your phone? Also provide me the complete Sprocket Model or the Product Number

We will research on this issue and will get back to you soon

Thank you 😊

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

@Hunnerwoof

We have researched on this issue and the older Sprocket does not support multiple Bluetooth connections. If you have paired other devices to the sprocket, then it will not show up in the App.

On all your iOS devices go to Bluetooth settings and forget the printer. Next Reset the Sprocket once again. Reset the printer after it is forgotten from all devices.

Keep me posted

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.