Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Hp Sprocket Printer
iOS

The Sprocket App does not seem to recognize all photos in my gallery. Some do not show in the App at all.

i understand i can print without the Sprocket App, but the photo printed is just a portion of the photo. It crops the photo and I am unable to center my photo to print.  

I am quickly becoming a frustrated user and will soon regret this purchase! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Terri95470 - 

Thanks for the quick response.   That's very odd about the photo not fiting to page, as that should be the default.  However, it's possible the file size is very small so we aren't able to fill the entier page with the resolution of the photo.

When you open the photo from the Gallery view in the Sprocket app, can you try pinch zooming (two fingers) to increase the size of the photo?  Does that work, and does the resolution appear pixelated?

I will PM you my e-mail address.  If you wouldn't mind, could you send me your particular file so I can help to investigate further?

We will definitely get this solved for you!

***I am an HP employee***

The comments above represent myself and do not reflect the opinions of HP.

If my post solved your issue, please click "Accepted Solution" on the post . To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below! Thank you 🙂

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

I should add that I have uninstalled and reinstalled the App with no difference. 

HP Recommended

@Terri95470

Welcome to HP Forums, 

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips,

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂

As I understand the sprocket is recognizing all photos in the gallery,

No worries as I'd love to help, however, I need a few more details to provide an accurate solution:

Are all the other apps within your iOS device detecting all your photos?

Did you try reinstalling the app to check if that works? Click here to reinstall once you remove it.

While you reply to my queries, Here's a related HP Forums post that seems to have helped many others: Click here

Let me know how that pans out, 

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Yes, I have uninstalled/re-installed the app. My other apps see all the photos. It appears only the Sprocket App. The other solution you provided pertain to an Android device. I don't see how that helps me with my iPhone/iPad iOS issues. 

HP Recommended

@Terri95470

Thank you for the update,

I appreciate your time and efforts,

The related forums post contains the gist of what you need to do,

Besides, it contained the products user guide as well: Click here to access it

In other words, there are a few things you should remember: 

• The sprocket app is supported by Android™ devices using OS v4.4 and above and iPhone® iOS 8 and above.
  • .jpeg, .tiff (iOS only), .gif, .bmp, and .png • Note: If you send a non-supported file type, the print job does not print.
  • The printer supports the following paper and file types:
    • 7.6 x 5 cm (3 x 2 in) HP ZINK® photo paper
    • BMP, GIF, JPEG, PNG, and TIFF (iOS only) file types

If the images that aren't showing up in the gallery are within the above boundaries and yet don't work, you could use alternate online applications such as Flickr to print does pictures instead.

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day!

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@Terri95470 -

Don't worry, we're here to help and will get this solved for you.  I understand that you're using iOS, correct?

In the 'Camera Roll' tile view, please try clicking on the words 'Camera Roll' at the top of the screen.  This will change to the 'folder' view, where you'll hopefully see the photos you're looking for listed.

If not, could you let me know if you are utilizing iCloud to store all of your pictures?

Thanks for working with us!  We want you to love your sprocket!

If my post solved your issue, please click "Accepted Solution" on the post . To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below! Thank you 🙂
HP Recommended

Well... this is weird.  I opened a Flickr account and attempted to upload the file. Flickr doesn't seem to recognize the photo either. It is a jpeg... no clue. I guess I am just unable to use that photo. As an added note, my granddaughter does think it is something she downloaded from her Snapchat so that could be the issue too. Perhaps there is some sort of file protection. 

I am able to print to the Sprocket from the Gallery, but it doesn't seem to force the photos to "fit-to-page" and results in just printing the upper left-corner of the photo. I am unable to center in the preview or see any adjustments. 

Do you know why this occurs? I would prefer to just print from the Gallery and eliminate an extra App. 

HP Recommended

I am selecting the Camera Roll... I do use OneDrive, but these photos are not there. 

HP Recommended

@Terri95470 - 

Thanks for the quick response.   That's very odd about the photo not fiting to page, as that should be the default.  However, it's possible the file size is very small so we aren't able to fill the entier page with the resolution of the photo.

When you open the photo from the Gallery view in the Sprocket app, can you try pinch zooming (two fingers) to increase the size of the photo?  Does that work, and does the resolution appear pixelated?

I will PM you my e-mail address.  If you wouldn't mind, could you send me your particular file so I can help to investigate further?

We will definitely get this solved for you!

HP Recommended

Hi I am having the same problem and I’ve changed the file size and it still isn’t showing up all of my photos please help

thank you,

tracy

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.