cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
SL1414
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Sprocket says “out of paper” when it isn’t

HP Recommended
HP Sprocket
iOS

My printer is pretty well new. I tried using it and it says it’s out of paper when it isn’t.  When it goes to print, it’s noisier than it used to be, nothing comes out, and then I get the out of paper message.  I’ve tried resetting my printer, updating the forum, putting new paper in... and nothing seems to be working.

1 REPLY 1
MojoBari
1 1 0 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Ours was brand new and did this.  I finally turned it over, slid the lock button and removed the paper tray.  I inspected the rollers and found a small plastic obstruction.  It was clear, about 1x1.25” with a L-shaped bend in it.  Probably part of the packaging but not sure.  It was loose in the end of the paper tray but blocked the paper feed from working.  

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation